The Sewing Place

Hiya

EmmaH

Hiya
« on: March 04, 2017, 16:50:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm Emma and I'm over in East Yorkshire.  I found this forum after following posts on the Foldline regarding the demise of the sewing forum which I read daily but rarely posted too.  I'm hoping to be a bit more active here as it would be nice to chat with you all.  I consider myself a sewing beginner and I've dabbled with dressmaking for my daughter, patchwork etc.

Emma x

UttaRetch

Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 17:42:48 PM »
Hi Emma and welcome from a selfish seamstress.  Pull up a chair and have a cup of  :drink: whilst looking around.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 15:50:13 PM by UttaRetch »

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 19:49:48 PM »
Welcome Emma great to see former TSF'S .. you have to  post here.. just so you can
:vintage: :snip: :pin:just click the moving m in the icons and put your icon in the middle... you can tell I'm a big kid can't you ... :D
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

EmmaH

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 20:36:49 PM »
Sorry about the late reply, I'm looking forward to reading this forum and seeing lots of names from TSF.  Now I need to find time for sewing as I've an interview for a course in a couple of weeks and trying to write a presentation for it. 

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 21:26:06 PM »
Good luck with the presentation Emma we'll see you when the pressure is off
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Marniesews

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 02:33:17 AM »
Hi Emma
I'm late to the welcoming party, I'm afraid, but glad to see you're here. Hope all's going well with the presentation and interview and look forward to seeing you back here soon.  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.