The Sewing Place

Sissix Big Shot Plus

Pearl

Sissix Big Shot Plus
« on: August 04, 2017, 17:56:47 PM »
Today my lovely mum has bought me a Sissix Big Shot Plus (on offer - £80 in Hobbycraft).  Please do you know where the best place is to get dies?

Lowena

Re: Sissix Big Shot Plus
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 19:27:49 PM »
Cotton Patch have some, Sissix are good when they have a sale, local emporia. The prices are usually quite consistant ( £11 - £15 ) but they are often out of stock on lots of sites so it can be frustrating.
I have a BSP and love it :) Enjoy :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

supergran

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 19:33:23 PM »
I've not seen one bu they sound like a brilliant idea. Are they economical with fabric? Sorry if that's a daft question, but I have no idea how they work.  :[

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 19:42:45 PM »
I've only seen them demonstrated at shows and on the Sewing Quarter this morning. 
I'm thinking it might help me with Augusts BOM?   :D

Low, which shapes and size would you say are the most useful?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 19:46:49 PM by Pearl »

supergran

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 19:58:09 PM »
Yes, they'd all come out the right size, so that would be good, but how do you know which sizes to buy? You could end up with dozens if you have to buy all the sizes of all the basic shapes. Hmm, might have to stick to my trusty ruler and rotary cutter and lots of luck!
I hope you get on ok with yours and let me know what you think of it once you've had a go yourself. xx

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 20:06:09 PM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 20:28:54 PM by Efemera »

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »
I have the basic squares, hsts and qsts in the 4.5", 2.5" range. They cut them accurately but people do say they are wasteful of fabric ( as I am terribly wasteful of fabric I wouldn't know nor care  :| ) I have the tumbler die, windmill die and am getting hexie dies for epp.
I use the squares / triangles a lot and hope to get further sizes. Accurate cutting is not a strength of mine so I find it invaluable ( especially as it cuts the dog ears off the triangles  :D )
I'd like the 2.5" strip die but you need an extension plate so I'm thinking about it  -<
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Mama likes to make

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 19:57:19 PM »
I don't use mine for quilting I use it mostly for cutting shapes for making neckpieces. I find amazon and the sissix site good.
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Pearl

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 20:11:44 PM »
Thanks for all your help, ladies.  Off to explore.   <3 <3 <3