The Sewing Place

Bridesmaids Dresses

UttaRetch

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2018, 17:28:43 PM »
Agreed.  I am older than you and the core subjects were: English, maths, history, geography, art and stuff you did in the science block. 0_0

Education is being dumbed down with school qualifications being less than useless with too many students going to university to study non-vocational subjects.  A high proportion of university graduates have non-graduate jobs and still have to pay off that massive loan.

charlotte

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2018, 13:46:28 PM »
I always wished we were taught cooking at school. I do remember we had 'life skills' sessions in sixth form, but I think you only two... I think I did cooking and something which included ironing, sewing on a button and changing a plug because I was late signing up. I missed out on basic car maintainance and budgeting...

Back to the dresses - BM1's fits like a dream and looks gorgeous. False measurements girl's was not as bad as it could have been. I need to move the bust darts, raise the waistband, and she's decided she wants it a bit shorter. All fine.

Then she said as I was leaving, 'of course, I'll probably have lost most of the weight off my chest by the wedding'. :angry:

I see myself sat in the hairdresser's chair the morning of the wedding hand stitching her dress...

Acorn

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2018, 14:34:16 PM »
Padding.  Take padding.   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 15:22:49 PM »
I think I would have told her that the dress would no longer fit if she lost too much weight and would look awful on her.
Life's too short for ironing.

DementedFairy

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2018, 17:17:36 PM »
I think I would have told her that the dress would no longer fit if she lost too much weight and would look awful on her.
Absolutely.  And then LET it look awful on her.  Some people refuse to get the drift- won't you have better things to do on the day?  MAke that plain NOW
C'est moi!

Samantha

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2018, 15:40:31 PM »

Then she said as I was leaving, 'of course, I'll probably have lost most of the weight off my chest by the wedding'. :angry:

At which point I hope you said 'in that case I will need to see you 1-2 weeks before the wedding so I can check the fit again?'

Or do as DF suggested  :devil:

charlotte

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »
Hey guys!
There’s been a lot going on, but the wedding happened!

Hopefully the photographer got some better picutres but here’s a quick idea for the time being!

b15erk

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2018, 09:48:23 AM »
Charlotte I was wondering how your dresses went only the other day.

They look beautiful! You have done a lovely job.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »
Such pretty dresses!  Well done.

fajita

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2018, 11:28:46 AM »
Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Acorn

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
They are beautiful!   :loveit:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2018, 13:29:43 PM »
Beautiful dresses, Charlotte.  Well done.

DementedFairy

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2018, 15:18:31 PM »
Yumminess!
C'est moi!

Missie

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2018, 17:01:50 PM »
They look fab.  Well done!

Ploshkin

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2018, 18:15:31 PM »
Those dresses are beautiful and so unusual.  Fantastic job.
Life's too short for ironing.