The Sewing Place

Good source for designs suitable for a little girl please

Lyn-J

Re: Good source for designs suitable for a little girl please
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 01:24:00 AM »
Yes it will be PES  format

And yes, sorry but these sort of discs are definitely illegal. 
Thanks for the clarification. I must admit I was pretty shocked to find Disney stuff on these discs, knowing how strict they are about their copyright.  I've been asked to copy Disney before and refused, wouldn't have done anything else for that matter.

I downloaded the freebee pattern off the Brother Site. Artlink will convert the PES file to EXP, HUS, SHV, VP3 but not to ART70. There are many more file types i could have tried, but I just did those few. (its there, its software, I gotta do it  :devil: )  Having said that whether they will stitch out is another thing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 20:04:54 PM »
[quote author=Lyn-J link=topic=1558.msg24193#msg24193 date=
I downloaded the freebee pattern off the Brother Site. Artlink will convert the PES file to EXP, HUS, SHV, VP3 but not to ART70. There are many more file types i could have tried, but I just did those few. (its there, its software, I gotta do it  :devil: )  Having said that whether they will stitch out is another thing.
[/quote]

Disney won't work and I doubt you could convert as I said.  They put a block on this sort of thing.  I have now confirmed that you won't be able to use these.  There is a list of machines you can use them on and no others. You might want to look at this info from the site as well.  You have to link a specific machine to any design and in order to use them you have to quote the machine,s ID number.

Lyn-J

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 21:28:16 PM »
Disney won't work and I doubt you could convert ...
Thanks for the info, sorry if I was a little slow on the uptake.  This is the first time I have come across Brother embroideries, so completely in the dark about everything Brother. I know about Beninas and stick to that for my needs.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 22:08:38 PM »
Not slow at all Lyn-J ! :)
I have been using embroidery machines for years and had Brother and now Husqvarna. But also work with them.
Now I have to apologise as I didn't put the link to the info from Brother 's site re their download policy.   -<.
http://www.ibroidery.com/customerservice/downloadpolicy.aspx

It,s been so hot at work I feel quite frazzled this evening.

Lyn-J

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 22:32:58 PM »
WOW!
also hot and frazzled  :D