The Sewing Place

newbie... sort of!

Poppys mum

newbie... sort of!
« on: August 14, 2017, 19:15:19 PM »
Just found the Sewing Place after "losing" TSF!  So glad to have found you. :D

Never posted much on TSF, but when something is gone that's when you miss it.

I sew for a living, mostly bridal alterations and prom wear, though I do most alterations and also make curtains professionally.  I also breed dogs so some times the house is a little over occupied.  :woof: :frock: :flower: :sew: :sew: :sew: :snip: :gin: :angel:
Hope to be of some help to members, though just as likely to need help most of the time! -<

Lynn (aka Poppy's mum..... Poppy is one of my Cotons)

Jo

Re: newbie... sort of!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 19:58:40 PM »
Hi Lynn :) Welcome!  :drink:

maliw

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 20:45:56 PM »
Hello and welcome, a lot of us here are ex TSF members. Enjoy the forum.
:snip: :sew:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

fajita

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 21:04:54 PM »
Hello. Welcome.
What is a coton? ('Scuse my ignorance)

Poppys mum

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »
Hello. Welcome.
What is a coton? ('Scuse my ignorance)

so sorry, I breed Coton de Tulears, (cotons),    See pic attached.  This is one of my puppies from this year.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 09:08:11 AM »
Welcome PoppysMum!!  Enjoy the forum, lots of help and support here - or just a bit of a natter, if that's what you fancy.

What a lovely puplington!  I've been dog sitting two Cavaliers for a few weeks, and it feels very quiet now they have gone back....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Poppys mum

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »
Welcome PoppysMum!!  Enjoy the forum, lots of help and support here - or just a bit of a natter, if that's what you fancy.

What a lovely puplington!  I've been dog sitting two Cavaliers for a few weeks, and it feels very quiet now they have gone back....

Jessie

I know what you mean, Jessie.  Over the course of the spring/ summer I had my own two dogs, my brothers dog and one of my previous dogs on holiday (I offer holiday sitting for any of my puppies).  Then the puppies arrived... five of them.  This house is not huge...... So nine dogs in all, 7 wedding dresses, 4 bridesmaids dresses and several prom dresses took up so much space I had to move furniture around,  move ornaments out into the shed and garden (some of it is still in the garden!)

But now, puppies are gone and so are the two holiday dogs.  Wouldn't you know it, the wedding dress alterations have also dried up.  It is so quiet.  Might be time to finish the cover for my chair, a wooden framed affair that is so comfortable but which has had a sheet covering the foam for ages.  :S

Lynn

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 09:50:57 AM »
Welcome from me, what a gorgeous puppy  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 21:43:24 PM »
Hi poppiesmum, welcome from me too  :D.  I've never heard of that breed but they sure are beautiful.