The Sewing Place

Ya Boo Sucks Michael O'Leary

Lizzielogs

Ya Boo Sucks Michael O'Leary
« on: August 17, 2017, 19:02:42 PM »
I'm so fed you with airlines (the budget ones) charging the amount of the third world debt to put a suitcase in the hold I have made a hand luggage flight bag to the meanest of the specifications (Ryanair) so it is lightweight and I can get a lot of clobber in for my 10 kilos!
Someone gave me the outer fabric, the webbing straps were off an old shopping bag, I bought the zip for something in the dim and distant past when Big Ben was just a wrist watch and found the lining in my stash - all I bought were the plastic feet £1.55. I did however use a third of a pot of Fabritac sticking the interior base in 'cos I was too lazy to and stitch it.
Appearing at an airport near you soon!

Tamnymore

Re: Ya Boo Sucks Michael O'Leary
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 19:18:30 PM »
Looks fantastic, Lizzie. Beat the system!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 19:50:04 PM »
Good for you!  It's infuriating when your bag's ticket costs more than your own.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 20:57:27 PM »
Another one for the revolution! I'm all for saving a penny and only travel with hand luggage. Did the same last big trip. Just  a hint - make sure your straps and the stitching there-of will support your 10kg of weight. Bit of planning and some severe pruning can get 3 months clothes in a hand luggage. Yeah for freedom!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !