The Sewing Place

"Hexactly" quilt...almost finished

Iminei

Re: "Hexactly" quilt...almost finished
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 20:55:49 PM »
DEMENTED !!!!!!

as in calling Demented Fairy...she of Fish Slapping Duties!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

rubywishes

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 05:17:00 AM »
Actually, the fish slapping originated from the TSF Avengers idea which I sprouted on the forum ages and ages back. In the beginning there was much talk of uniforms and weapons of choice for the act of avenging....somehow the majority opted for fish slapping as the weapon of choice......I never liked fish, I forget what my choice was but the majority won out and ran with it.  Then there was much talk of Avengers travelling "en masse" to "avenge" those in need.....my living across the sea saw me factored out at this point.....travel time you know. >:)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:22:10 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

rubywishes

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 05:20:55 AM »
I never label my quilts.... despite a gentle slap from Iminei when she came over to see me  :|

Well, just as well I live so far away then eh? Don't fancy a slap from Im  0_0
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 06:34:16 AM »
You might well think so Rubs....
But I quite fancy a trip to Oz.... :devil:

shadykittykat

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 07:50:13 AM »
The quilt is lovely!

Showing my ineptitude here but how do people label their quilts? *puts hand back down and tries to blend in with the crowd*

Kate
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »
An appliqued block and label on the back of the quilt like this....

or a double sided embroidered tag label stitched in with the binding like this...

or by embroidering straight onto the border (or binding as Datcat does) of the quilt like this....

Or by adding a printed label like this...

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »
That's how you do it Rubes!  Your quilts are far too beautiful to go incognito.....

You can do it!!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »
Hmmmm........ still seems like too much trouble for me  :P
She probably won't get to Oz, Rubes, but I'll go in for a little "economy of the truth" should I meet her at Exeter or Brum...shhh!!  :devil:
Mine are all just piled up in the workshop, anyway and when I shuffle off this mortal coil they'll end up in a skip  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

rubywishes

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »
Right then...this is my new disguise  :ninja: and I've instructed everyone else in Melbourne to wear similar so that if Iminei ever comes to Melbourne to slap me she'll never know which person is me!  Brilliant yes? 

I know, I know, one too many  :toast: tonight with dinner.  8)

Lowena

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 12:15:01 PM »
Love the thinking Ruby ... might take it up myself, just in case  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sheilago

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 13:47:04 PM »
I buy embroidered name labels ( the kind you get for children's school clothes). You can buy 2 line ones, so mine say " Made for you by Sheila...." and also include my home town . They are then all ready to sew to any quilt and I usually just quilt the year into the quilt. I also got some done with washing instructions as people are so often scared to wash quilts.
 That means that unless I really want to ( for special people) I don't need to prepare a quilt label for every quilt.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 13:50:32 PM by Sheilago »

shadykittykat

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 14:02:37 PM »
Ah thank you, I think my quilts may go unlabled for now though  :[ although if/when I get better at them, I may wish to associate with them  0_0

Kate
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 22:06:37 PM by shadykittykat »
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Deafoldbat

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 18:50:45 PM »
I just write my name, home town UK and the date on the back of the quilt with a permanent marker, (doesn't work so well on dark fabrics!) unless it's something special (rarely) when I might get a bit more creative.

Catllar

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 21:43:16 PM »
You don't label your quilts!!! The quilt police haven't been round yet? You've all been very lucky. So lucky!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Vegegrow

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 21:48:31 PM »
Love the thinking Ruby ... might take it up myself, just in case  :ninja:
I just have visions of the festival of quilts filled to the brim with quilt ninja's :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :thread: :ninja: :ninja: :sew:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz