The Sewing Place

"Hexactly" quilt...almost finished

Lantana

Re: "Hexactly" quilt...almost finished
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 15:47:15 PM »
Oh and regarding bindings/edgings. It's not noticeable on the photo but the wall hanging on my avatar has a tiny slip of green between the yellow and the blue edge. In fact it's barely noticable in the flesh but it really does make a difference. It was an idea I read about while working on the wall hanging and decided to try.

L X

Iminei

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 20:44:02 PM »
It was an idea I read about while working on the wall hanging and decided to try.

Please elucidate Lantana
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lantana

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 23:02:00 PM »
It was several years ago so I've forgotten what it was called I think they called it a 'slip'. Basically to get it that thin the slip is folded and 'slipped' in between the quilt and it's border. It's when you don't actually need/want to introduce another colour and yet something is needed to give it a bit of oomph. In this case green, a mixture of the two colours, fitted the bill.  :)

It reminded me of the time when I was .... sorry going to have to use a word you are not keen on at the moment lol ...... decorating the front room. I was so pleased with the result of my hard work and cleared up to admire it.   Big disappointment it had all fallen flat when just moments before it had looked so good.  mmmmmm realised that the green chair I'd been standing on while I finished off the blue wall was what had made the difference ....moved it back and it all looked good again.

The solution? I cut up a green skirt and embroidered the Cern Abbas Giant. This picture has been a talking point ever since! He gets decorated for Christmas :)

LX

Madame Cholet

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »

The solution? I cut up a green skirt and embroidered the Cern Abbas Giant. This picture has been a talking point ever since! He gets decorated for Christmas :)

LX

Gosh  :|
I just love his expression... and the tinsel... and... ooer!  ;)

Iminei

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2017, 17:54:33 PM »

Oooerrr Missus indeed !!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lantana

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2017, 18:42:42 PM »
He's a very friendly and helpful giant .... but strangely my male visitors complain that he makes them feel inadequate. Can't think why  ;)

LX