The Sewing Place

Style Arc Lennie Overshirt

Ploshkin

Style Arc Lennie Overshirt
« on: August 18, 2017, 15:50:38 PM »
I have finished a Style Arc Lennie Overshirt in my nice hummingbird cotton lawn.  I don't usually wear big patterns so I hope it doesn't look like a 'holiday' shirt.  It's my 2nd Style Arc make and once again the fit is really good.
I nearly came a cropper with the front placket - the pattern is drafted wrongly.  The pattern has a slot cut out for the placket.  I was just going to cut the whole front piece on the fold and cut a slit and use the cuff placket technique that worked really well for me, but I decided to follow the pattern.  Having snipped into the bottom corners of the front slot I then discovered that the front bands are 1 1/4" wide and the gap between the seam lines of the front slot is 1 1/2" so there was no way the buttonhole band was going to overlap the button band without 1/4" sticking out.  I managed to get round it by fusing a small piece of lightweight woven interfacing across the bottom where I had snipped into the corners and then putting on the bands with 1/4" seam instead of 3/8" so that they fully overlapped.

Is it worth e mailing Style Arc and pointing this out?  Do they take any notice?  I looked for any reviews of the pattern to see if others had had the problem in different  sizes but couldn't find any reviews.
Life's too short for ironing.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Style Arc Lennie Overshirt
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 18:53:33 PM »
Always worth pointing it out.  What they do with the info after is down to them.  But you will have done your bit.  0_0
Nice job on the shirt.  Birds seem to be all the rage at the moment.  I can never bring myself to wearing birds and animals.  :)

Catllar

Re: Style Arc Lennie Overshirt
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 20:04:00 PM »
Yes, let them know, they seem very pro-active.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !