The Sewing Place

YAY !!! Its that time of the year ...

Iminei

Re: YAY !!! Its that time of the year ...
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 19:56:14 PM »
I like the black and white one

I love the B&W one too ... its 'starry', but I worked with the green so here we are!

But, with both of them, would more of it dilute the wow factor?
Just one more row each side to bring it up to size????

Or maybe I could do a black/deep green border with squares of the lime (if I ever find it again)

Trouble is, as it is, it is only 70 odd cms (and will shrink more with stitching and quilting) so a lot of negative space to fill ... I would rather, I think, have more blocks even if they are a right royal pain in the arse!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 20:04:21 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2017, 18:15:25 PM »
So .....
in 6 hours and I have constructed 18 half blocks,
which turned into 3 full blocks added onto the piece.... Gosh this is slow business ...

Strips ready to go ...

Newest bit done ... Plus 1/2 blocks waiting to be whole...

Status of the B&W as of January 2018

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:42:12 AM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
Time to revive the monster I started in September .....

But what I have found myself working on the past two days is the Green. I found a replacement for my original green in a zesty frosted Lime (fairy frost I think ...  which I have already run out of again!)

This is just the squares pinned (badly) together in a pattern I quite like.

Now I like this, I think it has a bit of a WOW to it, (but dont look too closely as they are buggers to join at the centre diagonal, but I think Its Ok) ... However Its going to have to be BIGGER as it measures under (well under) a metre wide or high ... I reckon another 24 (Groan  :( ) blocks might do it .... One more row all round!

Now Why might I want to put myself through the misery of making more strata .... to cut up to make more blocks, I wonder????

Yesterday we went on a GRAND DAY OUT to Salisbury! Thats about 25 milesish from us, so not terribly grand and we were home by 2.30 so not technically a whole day either but it was pretty special.

There was no known agenda for Imself but I especially wanted to visit Franklins in Fisherton street; not so much an Emporia, as their fabric  is quite limited and horrendously expensive, but more A Sewing Machine Destination as they do seem to sell, and have on display most every brand of sewing machine known to man!!

They also have a hugely knowledgeable young man who will demonstrate and let you play with their display model and it was to he I wanted to direct my attention ..... specifically whether I could get an open-toed acufeed (IDT)foot for The Splugess.

I really like open-toed feet as you can see exactly where you are going and the only con I can find with this spankily new and expensive new (to me) machine was closed toeocity of the supplied Walking foot.

I have studied it and it wasn't obvious at all that the sole of the foot could be detached and replaced with an open toe so I was steeling myself for an extremely large bill but No!!!! I asked the question, and like a Magician he whipped off the sole of the foot and The Man from Franklins said YES! I could get a replacement sole for the erstwhile errant part!

They didn't have one in stock though, so he set about ordering one as I wandered over to the fabric (well it would have been rude not to...) and what did I spy out of my green eye ????? Fairy Frost in exactly the lime green that I had needed ... and given up on ... for the centre square of the hideous Strips Galore!!!

Well at least I thought it was the right colour so I snaffled half a metre of that and added it on to the bill. Getting home I raced upstairs to grab one of the strips waiting to be assembled and it was a perfect match!

So what with that and the Auzzie Moda Polka Dot currently en route to DDD I will have to finish the damn thing now !!!

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
Wonderful!! 

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »
My foot has arrived ... Deep Joy!!!

Now I suppose I should stop playing on the t'internet and get on with stuff!

Ploshkin

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 13:03:08 PM »
Is it an invisible foot, I can't see it.
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 13:05:38 PM »