The Sewing Place

Little Miss Make it up as she goes along

StitchinTime

Little Miss Make it up as she goes along
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:03:50 PM »
Quilt police look away now! This quick and cheerful quilt was made from leftovers after resizing two polycotton duvet covers and is just backed with fleece.

The characters were irregular sizes so it was a matter of squaring them up the best I could and laying them on the kitchen floor to work out sashing sizes. There was quite a bit of muttering and unpicking required to ensure none of the sashing lined up.

Quilting was straight lines in the sashing and free motion around the characters. I rather like the "ghost" Mr Men that this gives on the back of the quilt. The quilt was started last Sunday and delivered yesterday evening to its new owner - I wish all my quilts were this quick.

Ellabella

Re: Little Miss Make it up as she goes along
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 13:37:53 PM »
Thats lovely StitchinTime, what a good idea.

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 13:44:46 PM »
I love both sides.  What a good idea.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 17:33:51 PM »
Lovely Jubbly!!!

and it took so lil time as you didn't have to piece the front, just sash it!

Gorgeous gift! Well done you x
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 17:37:23 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 17:40:42 PM »
 0_0  0_0  0_0 I don't usually stray into the 'dark side' but saw the above as I was looking through recent posts.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
What a lovely quilt!  I know several little girls who would be delighted with it :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.