The Sewing Place

Suggestions please for a quick project

Happymrsg

Suggestions please for a quick project
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:09:25 AM »
I have made my friend some cushions. There's some fabric left over & I'm trying to think of something I could make as an additional gift for her to go in the living room with the cushions.
Any thoughts? :fabric:

b15erk

Re: Suggestions please for a quick project
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »
Table runner, half size cushion, remote control holder (they hang over the arm of the chair), draught stopper......

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »
One of those fabric door stops might be nice.  I'm thinking of the pyramid or conical shaped ones with a fabric loop on top, weighted with sand.  Or choose some other appropriate shape and design.
https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/home/living-room/decorative-accessories/door-stops

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »
Thanks so much for that link SS, I love the idea of the door jammer.  I have a horror of doors slamming, and trapping little fingers. 

Should be a quick make too.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 14:54:26 PM »
If you don't have sand and you're in a hurry, you can use rice. Beware of greedy greedy dogs though...ask me how I know.  :[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 17:32:23 PM »
I'm more likely to have sand than rice  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Happymrsg

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 23:20:10 PM »
Thanks, some good ideas there
Any more?

fajita

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:35 AM »
A heat pack.
Tablecloth for the coffee table.
Lap quilt.

wrenkins

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 08:55:08 AM »
I'm going to have a go at one of those things which hook round the doorknobs to stop the door slamming. I worry about little fingers.

Jessie