The Sewing Place

The Preview Button doesn't work

MrIminei

The Preview Button doesn't work
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »
A few people have asked us why the preview button doesn't work so you can see what your post will look like.

The preview button does work, it just rather cunningly puts the post preview where you can't see it, above the post edit box. Once you have pressed the preview button scroll up to see your post.

Please don't point out to me how stupid this is! We know and will ask our resident genius to look at it. It will probably not be at the top of the list though!

The 2 attachments are before and after I hit the button

UttaRetch

Re: The Preview Button doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 15:06:20 PM »
I've been having trouble seeing in-post images when I preview, but copy check and trust in the gods that the image will be there after posting.  :D

Seapebbles

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 17:06:47 PM »
I’ve just noticed, the preview does not work if I use any iPad keyboard emojis.
I am notified I have left the message body blank, when I haven’t.  All is back to normal in the preview if I remove the offending emojis  :)

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 19:36:02 PM »
@Francesca  @Acorn

Please can you look into this and advise ?

thanking you in advance (hahahaha)

Imi
xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 19:36:35 PM »
I’ve just noticed, the preview does not work if I use any iPad keyboard emojis.
I am notified I have left the message body blank, when I haven’t.  All is back to normal in the preview if I remove the offending emojis  :)

Do you mean if you post just emojis, or text and emojis?

Seapebbles

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 23:14:12 PM »
Do you mean if you post just emojis, or text and emojis?
@Francesca, if I try to preview text in a comment box which includes emojis from my iPad keyboard I get a message saying I have left the comment box empty, as if there is no text in it.  If I remove the iPad emojis and leave the text, I can then preview the comment without problems.
The forum emojis do not cause this issue for me.

I’ve attempted to attach a screen shot of this message along with a non forum bee emoji from my keyboard.
It doesn’t seem to matter which keyboard emoji I choose.

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 23:19:11 PM »
Ok thanks I will have a look.

Seapebbles

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 01:32:26 AM »
Thanks @Francesca
It’s no problem for me to use the forum emojis, just something I noticed  :)
I really enjoy the look and set up here, very pleasing to use!

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 12:25:33 PM »
Hi @Seapebbles I've found the reason for the issue. It's a known bug in the software.

We will try and update to the next version however it seems the bug was fixed in the "beta" version which hasn't been released yet, so we might have to wait for it.

I have read that apparently this issue doesn't occur when you try your message from the "quick reply" box rather than the full editor, so maybe that can be a good stopgap for you while we await the release?

Seapebbles

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 20:26:31 PM »
Thank you @Francesca, I can certainly use the emojis provided here as well as the quick reply box, which I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it