The Sewing Place

Pros and cons please ... Embroidery machine in the offing!!

MrIminei

Re: Pros and cons please ... Embroidery machine in the offing!!
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2017, 16:25:07 PM »
he will be the best dressed Coastal Skipper proudly wearing all those T shirts that can be embroidered for him.

Drat, double drat & treble drat. My dastardly plan has been discovered  :devil:

Vegegrow

« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2017, 16:53:30 PM »
No Pics Imi.....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Ploshkin

« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2017, 17:04:38 PM »
No pics here either
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2017, 18:00:24 PM »
Sorted ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewbee

« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2017, 18:14:26 PM »

Ploshkin

« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2017, 18:30:39 PM »
I can see them now.  Impressive for a first attempt, well done, there's no stopping you now.
Life's too short for ironing.

Sewbee

« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2017, 18:34:14 PM »
Now I see them.  :D

You did those on your first day, Imi?? They are wonderful and what neat stitching!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2017, 18:58:37 PM »
Excellent!!  Watch out for your underpants Mr Imi - they will get embroidered too  :S

Morgan

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2017, 20:24:03 PM »
Lift Off - yaay.

good that you noticed the puckering was probably due to poor hooping.
Hooping is so important and even more so with larger hoops.

Please, please, please do not be tempted to pack machine embroidery hoops as you might ordinary wooden hoops.  It doesn't improve the grip and in fact will make a slippage issue worse, especially with rectangular hoops. 

Please, please, please do not be tempted to tighten the hoops too tight.  They should be lightly finger tight only.  If you tighten the screw too much the sides begin to bow (even if you can't see it) and slippage starts. 

To minimise slippage issues on large hoops, rather than packing, wrapping or over tightening - try clamps.  Some hoops come with supplementary magnetic clips (eg. Janome) but if not clips like these can work
[size=78%]https://www.barnyarns.co.uk/wonderful-sewing-clips-strong-big-clips-bulk-60-blue-big-clips.html[/size]
these are the ones for Husqvarna large hoops. https://www.colessewingcentre.co.uk/mega-hoop-clips-code-4130702-03-108-p.asp

On the other hand, it is well worth using Wondertape on the underneath edges of the inner hoop.  I use the Wondertape method on all my hoops.  It lasts for lots of hoopings and it's easy to clean off.
See here http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/ELProjects/Projects.aspx?productid=pr1138

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 20:34:30 PM by Morgan »

Sakar

« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:29 AM »
Oh my god, Imi!!!!!  0_0

At FoQ we had talked about an embroidery machine and now?? It's already at home! :D Congratulations to this thrilling gift you got!!!!!  <3 :sew: 0_0 And many thanks to your wonderful husband, with his "dastardly" and "egotistic" plans.  :devil:

Your first try with Elvis shows great results and I am quite sure that from now on we will see perfect embroidered stuff from you!! :D

Have a lot of fun with Elvis and again: Congratulations!!!  :toast:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:00:23 AM by Iminei »

Acorn

« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2017, 08:57:18 AM »
Bravo!  Great result!!

I told Mr Acorn to put little red stickers on anything he didn't want to be embroidered... haven't seen any yet though, so I guess it's all up for grabs.   :devil:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2017, 09:05:32 AM »
May I just announce that Mr Im couldn't sleep last night and tho' I didn't actually hear Elvis whirring away (actually whirring is being kind, he's very noisy, I expect due to being stood on a wooden desk) he sure was playing away with the software and is at this very moment proudly showing me his design for next seasons (!!!) polo shirts for his boat!!!!

Sewbee

« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2017, 09:33:37 AM »
Oh, Imi, you do make me laugh  :D! I think it's very sweet that Mr. Im takes such an interest in your hobby and is clearly enjoying himself!

Sakar

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2017, 10:36:26 AM »
....  he sure was playing away with the software and is at this very moment proudly showing me his design for next seasons (!!!) polo shirts for his boat!!!!

His plans were discovered...  :P

Iminei

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »
Right then... today I am going to make my very first machine cover.

The placcy cover Brother so generously (not) supplied for a machine that cost almost £1000 when new is hideous, cheap and doesn't even fit and Elvis deserves better!

Himself is away to his boat, taking his tender with him, you will be relieved to know ladies, so I only have myself to please...Off to look up how to make embroidery machine covers ....