The Sewing Place

FOQ ... Refresh my memory Girls,

Iminei

Re: FOQ ... Refresh my memory Girls,
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 14:30:23 PM »
I will be chilling out in the upstairs gallery area every day around 12 - 1pm and welcome anyone to join me and whomever else turns up!

Its cool, airy has a lil known loo and seating ... perfect for a meet up!

I will be wearing my badge as I hope you girls that have them will too ... I will be bringing badges for anyone who wants to buy one btw;

and for the folks that bought badges last year, I have supplementary rubber clasps, as I found my clasp lost it grip after a couple of weeks wear ... So speak up and I will give you the extra clasp.

Any of you extra peeps who want to join Low, myself, Pearl, Susan Claire, Twopence and daughter for an early dinner at Sapore on Thursday speak up and I'll amend our reservation.

Alternatively Friday night we are booked in to Rasa .. if you want to join then , feel free ... the more the merrier
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 14:35:33 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

mammafairy

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 18:57:57 PM »
I am there Friday and Saturday, and will attempt a meet, but as I am with a group from overseas I am not sure I will make it.

How much are the badges?  I might like to get one... I neeed to find another badge from the group I shall be with,, It is on this desk somewhere....

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 08:29:59 AM »
@mammafairy  .... Here you go,
Come along to the Gallery between 12 and 1 if you feel like it, why not bring your friends?
Alternatively try and spot TSPers amongst the crowds ...
Girls, get your badges on!

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 10:16:10 AM »
I belong to 2 groups, TSP and UKQU but don't have badges for either as I never usually go anywhere to need them  :(
I'm thinking of making a large label for myself and pinning it to my bosom....like a wartime refugee  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

rubywishes

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
:'( :'( :'( :'(
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 12:05:03 PM »
Awwww..........
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 12:54:46 PM »
Im sorry to Rubes .. wish you were nearer but this is a quilt show/exhibition in Sydney soon or so Jenny Bowker tells me and apparently 3000 kms not to far to go for an afternoon .

Kitten

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 13:52:13 PM »
I'll be there Thursday with my friend who came last year also.  I won't get there till around 11, leaving home around 6.30am.
This year I will remember my badge :[  It's already been put with my tickets.

I'm staying in Birmingham near New Street station so not sure I'll be able to meet up for food in the evening :(

Will try and meet up at lunchtime, thanks for the map Iminei.

beepbeepsew

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 14:23:25 PM »
I will be there on Sunday with my lovely mother and daughter.  I am honestly really, really looking forward to it - my house has been MAD since school broke up for summer and I need the break!

rubywishes

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 08:05:20 AM »
Im sorry to Rubes .. wish you were nearer but this is a quilt show/exhibition in Sydney soon or so Jenny Bowker tells me and apparently 3000 kms not to far to go for an afternoon .

:o :o :o You jest surely! 0_0 0_0.  Well, we have driven that far for a caravan purchase, and almost that far for a motorbike purchase but a quilt show......hmmm maybe it'll come down to Melbourne?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 08:48:16 AM »
I jest not and she got very upset  at my apparent sarcasm when I said ... relating to the Tentmakers of Cairo doing a workshop in the wilds of somewhere ....Great only 125.6 miles away from me!!!

I mean I wont cant go that far for a workshop, much as I would like to ... In the UK with traffic and roadworks etc etc

To which she responded ... i guess that might matter less in Australia. I am going to see an exhibition for an afternoon in Sydney soon and that is about 300 k

OOpps   :| I think I might have inadvertently added a few Kms!!!

wrenkins

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Sometimes it's better to express it in hours. Here because of roads, conditions whatever, it's easier to say I live half an hour from somewhere. The distance means nothing if you're sitting in a four lane car park or, in my case, behind a flock of sheep.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 17:18:52 PM »
Slight change of plan for me.  :)

My daughter was told she wouldn't be able to attend, due to her dad needing her to work for him over the weekend.
I've just got used to the idea of coming to the show on my own, and now my daughter has found out that she's not needed until Friday, so she's able to come with me after all!

Hurrah. I have company. We can have our girly day out and say hello to you all.

See ya, tomorrow.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 23:10:44 PM »
Tickets?

Sandra

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2018, 06:43:47 AM »
Tickets?