The Sewing Place

FOQ 2018 Who, What, Where .. all you need to know

LeilaMay

Re: Festival of Quilts 2018 .....
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 17:19:31 PM »
I'm presuming you can buy a ticket for just one day?
honestly, although I'd love to do multiple days and hotel and all that kind of thing, the cost makes it prohibitive. There's only so much I feel able to spend on my hobbies and crafts, seeing as we moved here to allow early retirement for my beloved, and he's STILL working part time/low stress job.
So it's up and back in one day, or not at all.

Of course there might be a show nearer to me - at the Bath& West showground or something? I used to live right by the Three Counties in Malvern, so the Quilt Show there was nice and easy.

:)

Pearl

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 18:51:16 PM »
Yes, of course you can do one day. 

The West Country Quilt Show was at UWE in Bristol at the beginning of September.  The dates for 2018 don't seem to have been published yet.  I'm going to Malvern later in the month.

maliw

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 21:02:12 PM »
I've only ever done a Thursday - 4 years. I only really go for the quilts as I have two very good fabric suppliers locally so one day is plenty for me. It's a great day out, a friend goes for two days.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

StitchinTime

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »
The details of the Quick & Easy and Quilt Academy workshops are now on the website, though booking doesn't open until April.
http://www.thefestivalofquilts.co.uk/workshops/

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 10:01:17 AM »
OOOh thank you!

I had a (very) strange dream about FOQ last night, very strange

and have also been wondering whether peeps are interested in using our discounted tickets and /or accommodation offer.

I shall have a peek at the workshops!

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »
I'm sorry I can't give a definite answer yet about whether I'll be getting tickets from you or not.

After last year, my daughter was told by her dad that she won't be able to come with me again because he needs her to work in one of his catering trailers...(he has a new job on his books which now clashes with the FOQ).

She's free to do whatever she wants. I've never forced her to come with me, but he can be a bit of a bully and I'm not sure she's brave enough to say no to him if that's what she wants to do.

I'll have to wait until closer to the show. I'm still deciding if I'd be happy to attend on my own....I've always enjoyed the company of my daughter when I've been. It won't be the same without her.  :(
She was 9 years old when she first went to it.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Lowena

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 12:16:26 PM »
I'm a definite maybe  -< I love to go to things on my own and please myself what I do and where I go, but it would be nice to meet up with some people too  -< I have no money yet  :( when do you need to know by @Iminei ?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
The hotel bookings are good til the first day of the show, but I will say the Monday of the week of the show so my card doesnt get mugged

and as for tickets, as they have to be sent to me and then out to you, I need to know by the middle of July.

As long as I get 10 tickets sold, I can then have as many as I want at the discounted price; so as soon as I have 10 tickets ordered I will be able to order them and they will be ready to go even if, as Fajita (iirc) found out, you turn up on the door and can contact me (on the days I'm there of course)

I wont be going the entire stretch this time tho', last year really was a bit special, but certainly for 2 days.

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 13:31:17 PM »
Thanks, I'll definitely know by June

Iminei

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 12:21:41 PM »
Just got my bumper info pack through from the FoQ Organisers ....

Gotta start thinking whether I will be entering anything this year.

We also need more bods to buy tickets otherwise we wont be able to take advantage of the group ticket discount.

Its £12 per adult, (£11 Quilters Guild members)
£6 per child this year
(+ P&P of £1.50 per order)

which is the cheapest tickets you can buy!

If you exhibit you get a discount on your ticket ... but a group ticket is even cheaper !!!

So start planning for early August and put your reservation in for tickets ...

twopence

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 13:02:25 PM »
I will be coming again with DD1 probably on Thursday but not sure where we’ll stay yet as she has hotel points to use.  I need to organise it when she is back from Italy working and gaining more points.

Lowena

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 19:41:49 PM »
@Iminei  I have a dilemma.........
I would like to attend on the Thursday and Friday ( if I can garner the money ) but........ having asked about and read a lot I have decided that, with my heart condition, I would need to buy VIP tickets so that there is a dedicated cloakroom, comfy eating and seating areas. Although a 2 day VIP ticket is £56 I have been assured it is worth it for anyone with limited mobility.
I'm investigating further and will get back to you if that's ok...... shouldn't be long  <3

Iminei

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »
@Lowena

I have spoken to the ticket merchants and I'm afraid the group deal is only available on standard tickets ... :( ...
and your buying two VIP tickets cant be counted toward our minimum purchase of 10 to qualify for the group rate  :(

But it will be wonderful to see you there anyways, I just hope we can round up some more bods to get to that magical number of 10!!!!

I will be there 2 days,
@maliw said she and her friend Phyll might be attending ... thats another 2
@twopence  and her lovely daughter ... 2
and I'm sure @Deafoldbat said she might be coming for 2 days

So we just need a few more bods and we'll all be winning!!

Sandra

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 09:48:57 AM »
I'm still a possibility. I haven't ruled it out completely, even without my daughter.

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 20:30:23 PM »
I'm a possible, too.  I'm just waiting for my friend to get back to me.