The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place Bear wants a Quilt!

Lowena

Re: The Sewing Place Bear wants a Quilt!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2017, 18:15:00 PM »
Finished my quilt .... but..... I don't like it  :'( I don't like it at all  :'(
so it's back to the drawing board and I'll make another one......off to get some ideas  -<
 :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

StitchinTime

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017, 18:56:20 PM »
After a few days away (which did include a trip to a fabric shop), I am reunited with an internet connection and more importantly with my stash. I did some doodling and have decided on an organised scrappy design. So here is the first stage - unorganised scraps! Now to work out the quilt maths and see if any of these are too small to be useful.

Lowena

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2017, 17:57:59 PM »
Fabric chosen for quilt mark 2.

Lowena

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2017, 17:59:15 PM »
Construction and detail
Yes, it's green!! I had used up so many of my scraps / strips in the rubbish quilts, that I didn't have many options left. Anyway it uses up my stock of the  :devil:'s colour so I'm pleased  :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 18:04:10 PM by Lowena »

Lowena

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 18:06:39 PM »
Couldn't find how to send it privately to Iminei, so I'm afraid I've had to post it on here. Remove if inappropriate
Finished quilt

Lowena

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 18:07:31 PM »
Back, quilting and embellishment

Pearl

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 18:17:50 PM »
Beautiful, Lowie.   :loveit:

I think you have to send the entry by email to Iminei@thesewingplace.org.uk.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 18:36:17 PM by Pearl »

Acorn

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2017, 18:27:25 PM »
That's lovely.  And beautiful colours.   0_0  ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Snowgoose

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2017, 23:15:45 PM »
So very pretty  :) it looks beautiful, and as Acorn says, such lovely colours  :)

wrenkins

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
I think that's the very first illustration of hand quilting I've seen on here and green is my favourite colour!!! Gorgeous!  <3
Well done Low.  :toast:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:31:30 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2017, 07:41:25 AM »
You've all been busy!

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the finished entries. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to choose a favourite.

Looks like there's going to be a lovely Liberty quilt added too, StitchinTime.

My fabrics I have chosen are these....

Ooooh, actually. Ditch the bluey purple on the far left of the picture. I exchanged that one for a blue.All the other fabrics are in it though.

I started off keen enough but lost interest a little bit when I started to join it all together....I began to feel irritated by how small the bits are/seams a bit off/not sure of the colours.

Anyway.....It's done.
Trip Around The World. It measures just 9 inch square....a bit smaller than it should/could have been, but it looks quite cute.

I hope TSP Bear will consider it a possibility.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2017, 08:24:44 AM »
Please remember Girls that the winning quilt will be winging its way to TSP Bear so keep it handy (and in good nick) til the end of the competition please!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

StitchinTime

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
My pencil and paper doodles have progressed to something a bit more technical and I now know what sizes I need to cut. Some of them look rather small! Given the wet weather forecast for today, I think this afternoon will be spent cutting the pieces and working out the best way of joining them.

Sandra

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
I've just sent my entry off to Iminei.

StitchinTime...you're planning yours properly.  :loveit: It's going to be fabulous.

Sandra.
xxx

TSP Bear

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2017, 09:22:28 AM »
AHA!!!!

The Cat was away yesterday and this Bear did play with her laptop, which was carelessly left logged on and now I exist! as a peep (as she seems to call you) on the forum!

I'm so looking forward to seeing all the fabulous quilts you good peeps have been busy bea(ve)ring away with ...

Its turned chilly chez The Imineis' in Deepest Darkest Dorset and Im left alone at night you know  :o  with nary a stitch to cover me ... so thoughtless !

Thank you for all your efforts, I can't wait to see the finished articles ... and of course, now being a real life peep on the forum ... I get a vote too!!!