The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place 1st Mystery Quilt

Iminei

Re: The Sewing Place 1st Mystery Quilt
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2017, 08:30:23 AM »
Doh!!!

I should have insisted you all make a key to your colours at the very beginning!
And I should have done so myself!

Next time, will be better! Lessons have been learnt ... however, despite all that, everything I have seen looks wonderful and you will be surprised at how beautifully it all comes together!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Yankee Doodle

« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2017, 14:13:26 PM »
I'm still here, covered in glossy white paint at the moment.  My paint hell will be over next week, then there will be some time to put the house back together, and then after that I will get back to my sewing room and this mystery quilt.    I  spent a few bummed hours contemplating just packing up the quilt pieces and throwing in the towel, but, hey, that's life, and if some extra time with the seam ripper is all I have to complain about (and it is), then life's not so bad really.    Don't sweat the small stuff, as they say.

:)

YD

Sakar

« Reply #347 on: July 28, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »
Doh!!!

I should have insisted you all make a key to your colours at the very beginning!
And I should have done so myself!

Next time, will be better! Lessons have been learnt ... however, despite all that, everything I have seen looks wonderful and you will be surprised at how beautifully it all comes together!

That's why I have taken a pic of my fabrics with the numbers sticked to it.

Shouldn't be possible to identify the number of the chosen fabrics with the help of the first clues??

Iminei

« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2017, 08:35:01 AM »
Clue 7 is out tomorrow Girls,
This requires some assembly but is a lovely block!

supergran

« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2017, 14:14:33 PM »
Sorry to be a PITA Iminei, but should clue 7 measure 81/2 inches, not 121/2? Please god. let it be 81/2, because that's what mine are. Unless I've gone badly wrong somewhere along the line.  :(

Iminei

« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2017, 15:31:40 PM »
Off to measure Clue 7 in my finished quilt (Good God I'm a disgrace as a teacher)

Thank you SG, (well named indeed)

8 1/2 inches unfinished folks!

I think I must try and explain some of the reasons for all these horrendous cock ups Ladies.

Since I made the mystery quilt tutorial, and indeed the mystery quilt itself (to be revealed next week) in February this year, my computer was rebuilt by Imself indoors and a  lot of my data was backed up to a hard disk which resulted in the loss (on this computer) of my commentary.

When you come back to a tut and have to comment and prepare the paper clues after the fact I can attest that  you can, and most probably will, cock up make mistakes....

I am so sorry for any frustration or extra work this has caused you, and if you have not enough of a certain fabric, please feel free to supplement with a similar fabric .... but remember this is a mystery quilt  and more importantly your mystery quilt ..... there is no right and wrong!

I am soooo looking forward to seeing your finished creations ... and seeing how different they all will be.

Next week I will publish the layouts for all the different sizes of the Mystery quilts ...
though in the words of the Great Eric Morecambe, that is not necessarily the order the clues should be in ...
and the pics of my finished mystery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 15:52:23 PM by Iminei »

Lowena

« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2017, 16:27:00 PM »
I'm so discombobulated.... and.... see my post on FG, that you won't see mine anytime soon methinks  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lowena

« Reply #352 on: July 31, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »
Looking forward to seeing everyone's hard work come to fruition.... thanks so much for the leadership Imi  <3

supergran

« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2017, 19:41:24 PM »
Is it the great reveal tomorrow? I'm so looking forward to seeing what it's supposed to look like, and keeping fingers crossed that mine will look something like the real thing.  :loveit:

Pearl

« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2017, 19:50:35 PM »
I'm going to a class one day a month and am not enjoying it at all  :( but this (and July's BOM) have given me joy.  :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

Lowena

« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
It looks great  <3
I'm like the cow's tail......... well behind with both the BOMs and the final clues of the Mystery Quilt, but ... everything comes to she who waits  :D

supergran

« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2017, 10:09:40 AM »
Are you going to finish the mystery quilt now you've seen it in all it's loveliness, Low?

Lowena

« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »
Hmmmmm.......... doubt it, ( or the BOMs ) but keep it under your hat  ;)  one must show willing  :ninja:

supergran

« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
 :D My lips are sealed.  :angel:

Ploshkin

« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
Iminei, your finished quilt is beautiful.  How do you always manage to come up with just the right backing fabric?
I've got the house to myself later on today so looking forward to seeing my blocks laid out.
Life's too short for ironing.