The Sewing Place

Embellished fabric

Bodgeitandscarper

Embellished fabric
« on: September 21, 2017, 18:45:31 PM »
This came from here - https://ukfabricsonline.com/ice-cream-trim-jersey-fabric and was nice and cheap.  However, I'm wondering how much of the swirly bits will be left after it's washed as they don't seem to be sewn on very well!  Also I'm not at all sure pale pink is my colour, but what the heck!
It's been interesting to sew too, as if you get a very lumpy bit in a seam, it goes off course.  Almost finished though, and looking good.

fajita

Re: Embellished fabric
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 21:32:56 PM »
That's going to be pretty.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »
That looks to be the same fabric which I found in black a couple of years ago - (in the shop in Warrington which changed hands between our last two visits) and yes it was cheap.

I made a skirt which goes in the washing machine on a synthetics cycle without any problem.  If it hangs to dry it doesn't need much ironing (on wrong side) and I am pleased to tell you that the sewn on swirly bits are all still intact.  0_0
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 13:51:56 PM »
It's been for it's first wash this morning (the lovely dog put a big dirty mark on it jumping at at me!) and it looks ok, so I hope it lasts a while.  It's a lovely quality fabric, apart from the slightly dodgy looking stitching on the swirly bits.

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 17:42:50 PM »
I made a set of costumes a few years back using fabric like that and the bits stayed on despite wearing and washings!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !