The Sewing Place

Fleece Jacket

Ploshkin

Fleece Jacket
« on: September 24, 2017, 15:58:17 PM »
Having got my fleece jacket out of the washing machine and realised that whatever was splatted on the front of it was not going to wash off I remembered a bit of fleece fabric that has been sitting in a bag for a couple of years at least.
So I have made another jacket using New Look 6251
It's a good value pattern as it has a mens and womens version with separate pattern pieces.  The fleece is a double sided one which came from My Fabrics.  It's quite thick and warm but the seams squished down nicely with the overlocker. 
Life's too short for ironing.

Acorn

Re: Fleece Jacket
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 16:21:16 PM »
Very nice.   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 16:41:29 PM »
That does look good. Cosy and warm, too. The zips are a very good match with the grey side of the fabric.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 19:47:38 PM »
Very neat!  Loving the zips too - are they zips on the pockets?  Please may I have a close up of them?  Intrigued to see how you've done them.

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 22:21:25 PM »
No zips on the pockets.  I did get zips for them but I was playing around to see how it might work with the reverse side of the fabric showing and ended up just leaving the pockets with the seam allowance turned to the outside as it was already quite thick without wrestling with zip tape as well.
Life's too short for ironing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 12:05:12 PM »
Ah, I see, looks very effective like that.