The Sewing Place

New Line Drafter to aid all crafters, quilters and dressmakers

Elnnina

New Line Drafter to aid all crafters, quilters and dressmakers
« on: September 26, 2017, 12:59:12 PM »
I have some of the  Sure-fit Designs Pattern System, and guess what has popped up through my e-mail box this morning. News of an essential new gadget

This is called a Line Drafter, for crafting, quilting and dressmaking, and it is a clear wide plastic ruler type gadget with a secure handle on it so when you put pressure on the handle the ruler is going to stay in place and you can draw, or rotary cut safely.

Surefit Designs now have a UK Rep Judith Johnson and she is in Bicester, Oxon, and she has these in stock.  Do go and have a look at the Sure-fit Designs UK website. I am off to use my flexible friend credit card!!

I do remember a few months back there had been a reference to something like this that Quiltysisty had been using, and it did look like a good idea, but expensive.  Yes this new line drafter is again quite expensive but is available here in the UK.  Think I am going to be ordering one as I can see many uses for this.  Have just been told that I can have one for Christmas!!!  and I bet he will find uses for this as well.

Lowena

Re: New Line Drafter to aid all crafters, quilters and dressmakers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 13:01:54 PM »
It has no 1/4 seam line for piecing ( that I could see ) and it is £35!!!!! Otherwise, looks good, thanks Elninna  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 14:14:02 PM »
When I broke my wrist and needed a bit of help I used a bath suction grip handle on my 6x24" ruler.

It worked a treat and cost £6.99 and could be transfered to my big square ruler if needed.

But then I've always been a cheapskate ;)

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 15:02:34 PM »
 :D :D I can't cut straight whatever I use   :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Elnnina

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:13:38 AM »
My Line drafter arrived within two days of ordering, so excellent service from Judith, very well packed, and it is sturdy.  I now have to wait for 25th December before I can use it, but having checked that it has travelled well, I can see just how useful this is going to be and I  am not really a quilter although I have dabbled just a little in this field.  Having watched Glenda’s (Sure-fit Designs) video on this she has certainly thought through the process of how this can be used for dressmaking, so there are different sides depicting either metric or imperial measurements (long sides) and the short sides have other markings for smaller seam allowances, The two long sides have  5/8” markings and the two short sides are one at  ½” and one at  3/8”,  there are also bias lines – so all in all a really useful tool.  Will be excellent for pattern drafting as well especially for the long straight lines that are often needed.

Lollipop

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 14:24:09 PM »
Elnnina, you have far more willpower that I have!! Can't you even have a little 'test'?
Was Sewnanny

Iminei