The Sewing Place

Yay!!

Snippet

Yay!!
« on: March 06, 2017, 18:16:12 PM »
Well, doesn't this look nice!

All bright and modern and fresh out-of-the-box like a shiny new sewing machine!!

I was paulineg on the old forum, but I stopped posting for a number of reasons (some to do with the forum, some to do with me) but I'm really looking forward to exploring this new forum and getting involved a bit more.

Thanks and 'well done' to all those who rolled up their sleeves and got stuck in to create a new place for us.

Right, off for a rummage around now..

Vegegrow

Re: Yay!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 18:32:43 PM »
welcome Snippet... great name  :D ....lots to explore  here .. as you say all shiny and new but lots of familiar names and lots of familiar people with new names like you ... hope you enjoy it and post away.....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

rubywishes

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
Hi and welcome!  8)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:37:57 AM »
Hello and welcome from me Snippet. I'm a bit behind on the welcome trail, but better late than never!

The posts are gathering speed already, even after such a short time, and the fresh start has already given people the opportunity to do things a little differently. I expect we'll see many more innovations as time goes on too. If you have any thoughts, you can add to the suggestions topic.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.