The Sewing Place

And another thing!

Catllar

And another thing!
« on: March 06, 2017, 14:38:19 PM »
So I was getting an email overtime anybody posted. I've been into profile and turned off as many notification buttons as I can find but I'm still getting them. Is it something I just have to live with?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Vegegrow

Re: And another thing!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 14:41:13 PM »
Well I'm not getting any.. (which is good) and I did turn off stuff ... but I couldn't tell you what...
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

MrIminei

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 14:56:42 PM »
After the 2777 error and the server falling over (which turns out to be somebody else's problem) automatic emails are the latest thing stopping me from painting the kitchen and bathroom.

I'm on the case!

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 16:07:55 PM »
Fank yoooo.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 19:37:14 PM »
Cat, after adjusting your settings, did you hit the save changes/update preferences button ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 21:02:27 PM »
Yes'm I surely did!

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 22:04:13 PM »
When you changed your notifications it only changes them for future threads you subscribe to, the old ones you were subscribed to will continue to send emails...

When you get an email, there is an option to unsubscribe for that particular thread, just click the link and it'll take you to a page to cancel the notification.

DementedFairy

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 22:09:30 PM »
I haven't had any emails at all and keep losing my threads [yeah yeah]
C'est moi!

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:12 AM »
 Er, I didn't knowingly subscribe to any threads at the beginning, and they just keep on coming!, but I'll take the unsub option Fran, if it really gets silly!! Don't sweat the small stuff eh?

Francesca

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 08:09:13 AM »
It's because the option would have been default switched on when you started replying, not that you would have manually subscribed to them in the first place.

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 19:04:50 PM »
Right!