The Sewing Place

A bit late but Happy Ballet Day

Lollipop

A bit late but Happy Ballet Day
« on: October 09, 2017, 19:26:15 PM »
It's been a while since I posted but I thought I would share one of my latest tutus to celebrate Ballet Day. Loved making this tutu although I had a heck of a time trying to match dye for the net, to the bodice. The young lady looked amazing in it.
Was Sewnanny

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: A bit late but Happy Ballet Day
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 21:53:54 PM »
That's gorgeous - I don't know how you sew tutus, they look so complicated and difficult!

fajita

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 22:54:12 PM »
So beautiful. Happy Ballet Day to you, too, too.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 23:05:49 PM »
Love the transition from blue to white. So delicate but I bet it's tough to survive the dancing - just like the ballerinas themselves, come to think of it!  :|
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Yellowfeather

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »
beautiful!  well done you.  I had no idea there is such a thing as "Ballet Day"!! 

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »
Gorgeous!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

LeilaMay

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 15:33:46 PM »
When I was a kid - 1960's - you didn't get to wear such lovely things until you were older :( We started in little white tunics, white socks and pink leather 'flats'. Oh and a pink cross-over cardigan if you were posh/rich/had a mother who could and would knit. Then we graduated to black leotards, pink tights and pink leather flats. Black crossover. Pink points came later, and you had to darn your own, I don't think they do that anymore?  Not even little black skirts.
Maybe that's why I still have "dressing up" fantasies now LOL

That is beautiful.

Lollipop

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 19:22:36 PM »
Thank you.
Yellowfeather, nor did I until someone sent me a post on Fb.
LeilaMay, I also used to wear a little cotton tunic with slits up the side. We had a belt that denoted your grade, I remember my first leotard, it was nylon, itchy and went all bobbly with floor exercises!
Was Sewnanny

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 19:23:32 PM »
Oh my goodness, that is gorgeous and shows amazing skill, well done.