The Sewing Place

Just playing about

sewmuchmore

Just playing about
« on: October 10, 2017, 18:40:18 PM »
Had a real good clear out of the sewing room today and got distracted with some fabric bits i cut out last year to have a go at quilting. Anyway this is what i have done. Not sure what it will end up as and do not really know how to finish the edge of the circle any ideas?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ellabella

Re: Just playing about
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 19:47:54 PM »
Isn't folding fabric satisfying?

But I have no idea how to finish it other than making a circular cushion -<.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 21:52:26 PM »
I agree.  It looks like a cushion in the making.

If you have enough fabric a round box would be nice, especially if you add orange piping.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lollipop

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 22:58:42 PM »
Don't know anything about quilting so apologise if this is not feasible, but couldn't you add another row and fold the points back and stitch down concealing all raw edges?
Was Sewnanny

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:55:07 AM »
Could you, possibly, cut some deep oblong tumbler type shapes (all same size) place right sides together with part of the edge,
Stitch and turn back and then do the same with the next strip to the left/right  of the first ....
continue all the way round till you reach (and I guess overlap) the beginning ?????

I'll see if I can draw what I mean ....

You could then zigzag stitch or top stitch some narrow ribbon over the raw side edges of the tumbler shapes to finish off ???

Brenda would have to work out the sizes etc ... just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:14:19 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
It doesn't have to stay as a circle - you could put a square frame found it and reverse applique it into the hole.  I hope that makes sense, it's still early.
Life's too short for ironing.