The Sewing Place

Nantucketsue

« on: October 11, 2017, 08:28:42 AM »
As a previous Sewing Forum member I am so pleased to discover The Sewing Place.    It is great to be back as part of the sewing community.   My main interests are quilting and sewing crafts and learning new techniques.  My machine is a Janome 4900QC which I love, although my preference is to hand quilt.  I live in West Yorkshire, where I migrated from the South a few years ago.  Recently widowed, my hobbies have rather taken a backseat, but I am sure the inspiration of this forum will revitalize my enthusiasm.

Ploshkin

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
Welcome back to the fold.  Have a browse and get over to the dark side.  There's lots going on there.
Life's too short for ironing.

Sewbee

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:10:16 AM »
Nice to meet you, Sue. This is the best sewing group ever and full of really friendly and helpful people. Glad you are here with us!  :vintage:

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »
Welcome back Sue and Im sorry to hear that your hubby has recently died.

Sewing is great therapy and we have lots of fun things going on both in regular sewing and The Dark Side.  :devil:

Why not join in with the others in the BOM, lots to catch up with there.

Imi
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:40:48 AM »
Welcome back, it's lovely here. Lots of old friends are still around.

I'm sorry for your loss, but hope getting creative once more is a good solace.

Pearl

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »
Welcome, Sue.  Sorry for your loss.

It will be lovely to see you on the Dark Side.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »
Welcome back to the fold and pleased you found us. Sorry to hear of your loss and hope that by being back with us helps if only in a small way.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 19:26:34 PM »
Welcome from me too Sue, I too am sorry to hear about your loss.

Sewbee

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 15:42:39 PM »
As a previous Sewing Forum member I am so pleased to discover The Sewing Place.    It is great to be back as part of the sewing community.   My main interests are quilting and sewing crafts and learning new techniques.  My machine is a Janome 4900QC which I love, although my preference is to hand quilt.  I live in West Yorkshire, where I migrated from the South a few years ago.  Recently widowed, my hobbies have rather taken a backseat, but I am sure the inspiration of this forum will revitalize my enthusiasm.

Welcome, Sue!  :D

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 16:09:08 PM »
Welcome from me... another darksider and handquilter
Triumph of hope over experience :D