The Sewing Place

Suggestion box and bugs!

C3PO

Re: Suggestion box and bugs!
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2017, 18:09:41 PM »
Just posted in the Gallery and under each entry there are options -   [UnApprove] [Edit] [Delete] - should they be there??  Not just for my pics, but all of them.

This is now fixed
Be excellent to one another

C3PO

Re: Warning at top of page
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2017, 18:11:48 PM »
Hi, I have started to get a warning sign like this at the top of the page.

Is it just me or has anybody else had the same?

This has proved a little bit elusive, but I think it is now fixed. If anyone sees it again I would be most grateful if you could let us know.

Be excellent to one another

Francesca

Re: Warning at top of page
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2017, 18:29:34 PM »
This has proved a little bit elusive, but I think it is now fixed. If anyone sees it again I would be most grateful if you could let us know.

Spotted again I'm afraid.

MrIminei

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2017, 19:14:20 PM »
 :angry: :'( :| >< :(

DementedFairy

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2017, 19:25:58 PM »
Suggestion- how about a snark warning smiley?  lol
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 19:40:49 PM »
Just noticed that the time is strange.  There is a leading 0 which suggests AM, but it has a PM suffix.  If it can't fixed, should the forum time not be the 24hr format?

Francesca

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 22:03:36 PM »
Just noticed that the time is strange.  There is a leading 0 which suggests AM, but it has a PM suffix.  If it can't fixed, should the forum time not be the 24hr format?

Changed to 24hr :)

Francesca

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 22:04:15 PM »
Suggestion- how about a snark warning smiley?  lol

You've got  >:) and  :devil: if those will do.

NeilM

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2017, 00:08:49 AM »
I get a script error now and then other wise things are working.

Sheilago

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2017, 09:45:01 AM »
Hi, The site is great and I'm really enjoying using it. Just a couple of little things I'm not sure of. It's probably just me doing something wrong, but some of the headers in the black strip at the top of the screen don't seem to do anything. I'm usually using an iPad. Profile, My messages, Calendar and Members are the ones I can't get to work.
Also is there an explanation somewhere of how to use the hearts, icons , thumbs up etc that appear on the avatar blocks?  Have been looking around , but can't find anything- maybe it's just self explanatory!   :|

Vegegrow

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2017, 13:44:57 PM »
Can't help with the black strip but if you click on the thumbs up on someone else's  post it increases the heart number
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Francesca

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2017, 17:51:41 PM »
Yes the thumbs allow you to give hearts to members  <3 <3

iPad needs a lot of work as there are several bugs. Sorry about that. I'll get the creases ironed out soon.

Sheilago

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »
Thanks Vege and Francesca! Thought it would be obvious. My lack of social media education is showing : never been on FB or anything similar, so don't know these things. Was experimenting and ended up on your blog, Francesca, which was good to read and well done for being photo'd in your very organised sewing room. Don't think I'd want anyone to see mine until I'd had a good tidy :fabric: :thread: :snip: :drink: :fabric:

UttaRetch

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2017, 08:20:12 AM »
Member location has disappeared from the 'avatar area'.  I thought my screen colours had something to do with it, but removed it temporarily and don't see it.

MrIminei

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
The member location was throwing up an awful lot of errors (in the server logs that we see) so Fran has temporarily disabled them. We noticed these whilst searching for errors that may have been causing the server outages.

General consensus seems to be that Fran is spot on with the direction she is taking the theme, but she has described modifying the code to be like "knitting spaghetti"  :D

(It now appears that the server problems were caused by the hosting company, not our site.)