The Sewing Place

Suggestion box and bugs!

Lantana

Re: Suggestion box and bugs!
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2017, 14:16:49 PM »
That avatar thing happened to me too the other day Lantana,
luckily I had tech support on hand.....

I'd be happy to hire him out for a small fee!!

(P.S if you can't afford his travelling expenses or want instant gratification the magic keys are....

CTRL and F5 at the same time!!!!

Ha yes I'd seen the answer on another thread the minute I'd posted  0_0

I must say the only thing I miss my ex for is his computer expertise .... having to deal with all these techy problems is a real pain. So if 'my ship comes home' anytime soon I'd be happy to pay you a large fee for your in house tech expert to come to my house and sort ALL my computer/modern technology  stuff out! You could come as well (for an even larger fee) and help sort the sewing room while he gets on with it in peace!  <3

L :vintage:

MrIminei

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2017, 18:35:57 PM »
Maybe we could wait until Iminei has tidied her own sewing room.

Did I say that out loud?

Lantana

« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2017, 00:10:12 AM »
Maybe we could wait until Iminei has tidied her own sewing room.

Did I say that out loud?

Oh riding the ragged edge mrIminei!

I suspect that my ship coming home and Iminei having a tidy sewing room are both highly improbably events .... but you never know!

L :vintage:

Tamnymore

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2017, 20:11:39 PM »
Not really a bug but if I 'like' a post then go and press the thumbs up button it seems to give the person 2 lots of karma. Is that meant to happen? - happy with it if it is - glad to spread the lurve.... <3 <3
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2017, 21:17:51 PM »
I have just given you a 'thumbs up' and you went from 36 to 37, so it's not happening to me.  :)

Francesca

« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2017, 21:34:06 PM »
Not really a bug but if I 'like' a post then go and press the thumbs up button it seems to give the person 2 lots of karma. Is that meant to happen? - happy with it if it is - glad to spread the lurve.... <3 <3

Yep that's working as intended. Important to remember that the "thumbs up" adds karma, and the "like post" also adds karma, and the two are not interlinked.

Tamnymore

« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2017, 21:38:55 PM »
Thanks, Fran - karma all round....  :*
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Samantha

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2017, 15:33:36 PM »
Is there a mobile app or mobile site version to view this forum? I look at it on my phone and it only really works in landscape orientation.

MrIminei

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2017, 19:40:11 PM »
Hi Samantha

we have looked at mobile apps and the best appears to be tapatalk. However it is quite expensive and you get stuck with their advertising. At the moment we have decided to stay as we are, with a theme that works reasonably well on mobiles. We will keep it under review - but welcome anybody's view if you think this needs changing.

Hope that helps, Andy

UttaRetch

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »
I downloaded Tapatalk on an experimental basis and did note that the free version had advertising.  It took me about five minutes before uninstalling.  :(

Samantha

« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2017, 09:50:10 AM »
Hi Samantha

we have looked at mobile apps and the best appears to be tapatalk. However it is quite expensive and you get stuck with their advertising. At the moment we have decided to stay as we are, with a theme that works reasonably well on mobiles. We will keep it under review - but welcome anybody's view if you think this needs changing.

Hope that helps, Andy

Thanks Andy - I probably spend too long looking at my phone as it so maybe best to not to have a mobile friend version of this forum!!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2017, 09:57:58 AM »
Is there somewhere I can click to see what threads I've posted on? I tend to look at recent unread topics, and post on them, then forget where to find them again!

Francesca

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2017, 10:03:03 AM »
Is there somewhere I can click to see what threads I've posted on? I tend to look at recent unread topics, and post on them, then forget where to find them again!

If you choose "Notify" then these threads will be added to your notifications. You can then use "Updated Topics" in the header to look for only updates to those topics.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »
Thanks Fran, I do that already, but sometimes I post something, then want to go back and change or add to it, and can't remember where it was.  On some forums, it shows in your profile a list of topics you've posted on, that's what I was after if that's at all possible?  But no worries if it's possibly maybe too much work just for awkward old me  :|

Francesca

« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2017, 10:13:38 AM »
Thanks Fran, I do that already, but sometimes I post something, then want to go back and change or add to it, and can't remember where it was.  On some forums, it shows in your profile a list of topics you've posted on, that's what I was after if that's at all possible?  But no worries if it's possibly maybe too much work just for awkward old me  :|

You can see the posts you've made by going to your profile and clicking on Show Posts.