The Sewing Place

Options for window dressing

BrendaP

Re: Options for window dressing
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 15:07:51 PM »
Can't see you photo  :'(
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Vegegrow

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 15:26:59 PM »
What is it with Imi's photos ...I saw it earlier but it's gone now  :S
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 15:32:06 PM »
No piccy here either, Iminei  - I think you have a pic gremlin that steals them before they get to us.

Sewbee

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 15:32:11 PM »
I don't see Imi's photo either, just a small square.

Surest1tch

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 22:25:06 PM »
My bedroom wall is like that, I didn't make a pair of curtains I just made 1 wide curtain, because the wall is wallpapered in similar colours it doesn't look stupid when it's pulled back.

Maximum

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:15 AM »
If you need to keep costs down, how about a blackout roller blind in the window recess and down to the sill with a lightweight decorative curtain hanging from a pole outside the recess? I agree extendable poles catch the rings but if curtains are light you can still flick them across.
Sounds like a major upheaval so take your time to settle in and get sorted

Puzzler

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 20:34:40 PM »
Having considered just about every window treatment, I've made a decision. On another thread last week I asked Francesca what a blind kit was. Last week was a particularly bad week - well most weeks are these days. The lounge windows have Roman blinds that thankfully were left when the previous tenants moved out. What do you think holds them up? Blind kits. (Apologies, Fran)  I have now ordered one for my bedroom window. It's due here on Friday.

For the Roman blind, I'm considering two fabrics:
http://www.curtainfactoryoutlet.co.uk/products/5650-allotment-curtain-fabric-nutmeg.html (in keeping with the farm theme) or https://www.stoffstil.co.uk/fabrics/half-panama/woven-white-w-black-pine-twigs

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I'll post pictures when projects are completed (have other windows to do). And thank you, Maximum, for acknowledging the turmoil I'm in.

Vegegrow

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 21:06:45 PM »
Lovely fabrics .. do consider that most of the time the blind will be pleated up so what you  see is a strip of fabric about 25/30cm wide at the top of the window so pick which will be the best
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
Much prefer (for what its worth) the second of the two fabrics .... very classy!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again