The Sewing Place

Drops 'Sea Nymph' Top down sweater

b15erk

Re: Drops 'Sea Nymph' Top down sweater
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
I buckled down on Friday night and did a few hours, Saturday the same (interrupted for a few hours by a visit from BF), and I've knit up another 100g ball.  The yarn amount is about 550-600g so I've a way to go.... :S

Still I'm just straight knitting now, so it should be quicker.  I'm worrying a bit about the sleeves though - back to the lace panel - not a happy thought.

The stitch count is a bit out - about 3 stitches, but I'm not going to worry about it, it's on the stocking stitch body, so I doubt it will interfere.  As long as the stitch count for the lace panels is OK, otherwise that would look awful.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 10:15:22 AM »
Jessie, when I did my top down sweater it seemed, at one point, as though it was going to take for ever but of course when I got to the second sleeve I had a finished sweater - just half a dozen thread ends to weave in.  I don't think it actually took longer than knitting separate bits.  I knew too that it was going to fit spot on because I had tried it on along the way and I could also get the sleeves just the length I wanted.
Life's too short for ironing.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 13:06:38 PM »
[quote Still I'm just straight knitting now, so it should be quicker.  I'm worrying a bit about the sleeves though - back to the lace panel - not a happy thought. [/quote]
 I'm just the other way.  I love the decorative bits and have to grit my teeth to do the plain knitting.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »
I started the sleeves but really struggled as I didn't have a short enough circular, (now ordered), but I'm having doubts about the size....

Plucking up courage to thread everything and try on, but I have a real feeling that the raglans are going to be too tight.  -<

I still love this pattern, but the yarn is now looking worse for wear, and I'm less than happy with some of my yarn joins.

Wish I'd seen this video before I started, it would have save me some grief.  :(

http://verypink.com/2011/06/21/learn-to-knit-a-sweater-womans-t-shirt/

Oh well, threading and trying on it is.....  ><

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 12:25:47 PM »
I didn't have a short enough circular,
Aren't you magic looping?
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »
I can do ML Plosh, but I get stressed with it, and don't enjoy the knitting.  I did it for the first sleeve, but for me, I think it will be easier with a shorter needle.

Wish I was as flexible as you.....

Loving the circular knitting in general though, and never thought I would.

Jessie