The Sewing Place

Labels for your creations

Catllar

Re: Labels for your creations
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 13:30:21 PM »
No labels for me.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 20:18:48 PM »
I have for years put labels in garments I make for other people, C17th shirts excepted (nowhere to sew them and they show when sweaty pikemen strip off on LH camps :x).  I use this company:

http://www.diverse-marketing.co.uk/

Their web site isn't particularly informative (they're a bit of a cottage industry, I think), but if you contact them they will send you details and samples of the ribbons they use.  You specify wording and fonts and in the fullness of time anything from 100 to 1000 labels turns up.  Be warned, though, they only keep your template for a year or two so if you want to reorder, you have to do so within that time otherwise you start from scratch.  I solved that problem by getting 1000, but now make much less costume due to work commitments so will probably leave 900 in my will!

DementedFairy

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:42 AM »
Cash labels for me https://jjcash.co.uk/
I got some years ago, which said 'Made to order by Elaine W...' and then changed my bloody name years befoe I used them up [I only put them in stuff for other people, especially the missus cos she loves to show them off lol]
Now they just say 'Made to order by Elaine' in case of further name swaps- you never know!
C'est moi!

sewsilly

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 03:10:34 AM »
I use printed ones from Costumeinventory.com. She has both sew on and iron labels (I use the sew on). They are plastic, but they are amazing, and you can totally customize them. I have used them for 5 years now and her prices are great and the product is very good. They come in rolls, depending on how many you order and she has tested them against a ton of products for wear ability.

Eons ago I used woven labels and liked them until I found these and now will only use the Costume inventory ones.
Doing what I love and loving what I do... sewing...

Twan

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 18:00:49 PM »
I use printed labels for 'professional' made costumes that I am very happy with LOL
I had them printed about 2 years ago but only used like 5 of them so far. Usually I run out of time and don't see the costume back to put one in.
I left a very small border so you have to sew through the letters. Next time I would definitely get woven 'company' labels and possibly character/show labels on which you can write details as it's a costume after all.