The Sewing Place

Putting Photos into the Gallery

Nuttywife59

Putting Photos into the Gallery
« on: March 07, 2017, 10:45:45 AM »
I was going to attempt to put a photo in the Gallery but cant work out how to do it. Would it be possible to have an idiots guide on how to do it please.

Francesca

Re: Putting Photos into the Gallery
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:50:55 AM »
Hello there!

Due to the cost of hosting photos on the server, we have made the gallery for subscribers only. A subscription costs £1 per month or £10 per year so hopefully quite reasonable!

Thank you for alerting me though, I'll add it to my list of suggestions that we need to make it clearer on the gallery page that upload is for subscribers only!

Nuttywife59

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 19:01:37 PM »
Ok that explains it then. Subscription seems very fair.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 13:39:59 PM »
Me again! OK the whole  Gallery thing - how do you do it  cos I've just tried a trial run and selected Gallery from the top black bar thing and  , yes up pops Gallery telling me there are 17 images etc but can't see how I can  post into it - or as usual am I missing something? :[

Wait a minute I think I found it! Eureka!!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

MrIminei

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 21:15:37 PM »
I was going to attempt to put a photo in the Gallery but cant work out how to do it. Would it be possible to have an idiots guide on how to do it please.
Yes, it will.

In the meantime the add a picture option is in the bottom menu bar, circled in the attachment.

The reason for restricting the ability to post to the gallery to subscribers is that as the gallery grows it requires a web hosting package with more storage space and internet capacity ("bandwidth"), which is what the subscribers are enabling.

Lyn-J

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 09:44:28 AM »
I'm posting pictures from Flickr, I hope this is OK, still trying to get to grips with forum etiquette.
I'll be a subscriber soon, I don't have PayPal so I'll have to jump through a few hoops and get someone to pay on my behalf, no worries.
Right, I have some cutting out to do...

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »
@Lyn-J: over on the Reddit site, Mr Iminei said, amongst other things related to the start of this place:

If you don’t do paypal Iminei has set up a dedicated bank account so transfers / standing orders are possible, email her if this applies to you.

So I would send Iminei a private message.

Lyn-J

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 23:24:49 PM »
I've never seen the Reddit Site, I'll take a couple of days and work out which is the best way to go about it for me.
thanks Utta