The Official Winter Glitz Sewalong

UttaRetch

Re: The Official Winter Glitz Sewalong
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 20:31:42 PM »
Should make the judging easy.  0_0

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 21:02:35 PM »
I'm thinking of a sort of technicolour dreamcoat from lots of pieces of brightly coloured silk pieces acquired at Adamley silk sales. It would be a bit of a bonkers garment  but as I don't do p&q it would be a way of using it up.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 22:01:48 PM »
Sounds interesting - do it!  :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 10:41:21 AM »
Well here's my pattern, Butterick 6138 and here are all the fabulous pieces of silk. There are some large pattern pieces in this pattern so I may have to piece some together. And I'm frantically unpinning the pattern from a version I have already cut out but not made up yet (UFOs are circling overhead). What have I let myself in for?  :o

b15erk

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »
I think I may not be eligible as my Belle frocks were cut out before the official start time.... :(

Pity really, because these frocks will actually be finished.  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 11:35:41 AM »
Ooooh, Tamnymore, that is going to be fabulous  :)  That reminds me, I must sew the buttons on my version of that pattern - it is nice, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Francesca

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:05 AM »
I'm afraid I don't have anything to enter at present! But hey, automatic win  ;)

Francesca

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 11:53:14 AM »
I think I may not be eligible as my Belle frocks were cut out before the official start time.... :(

Pity really, because these frocks will actually be finished.  ;)

Jessie

Jessie, if the other entrants are happy for your dresses to be included despite being cut out previously, I'm happy to allow it. We normally don't allow it to be fair to other entrants. Tamnymore & Bodgeitandscarper let me know what you think.

Tamnymore

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 12:58:27 PM »
Yes, let's include Jessie's desses. Apart from anything else we need people to take part!!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 13:09:34 PM »
And it's a yes from me too, definitely include Jessie's dressies  :P

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 19:28:24 PM »
Today's progress - and the pattern matching has gone quite well, shame that the collar didn't quite work right though - it still needs seam allowances trimming, pressing, some top/edge stitching, buttonholes, and hemming yet.  I was having trouble with my machine (the old Elna) in that it kept making a nest of thread under the fabric and then getting stuck.  The first time I re-threaded the bobbin, and then the top thread and it was ok.  It did it again a bit later, so I took the bobbin out and gave it a bit of a clean, put the bobbin back in, and no better.  I then thought to actually look at the upper thread and realised it had come out of the take up lever/arm thingy, so a big sigh of relief that it wasn't going horribly wrong!

Samantha

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 16:08:05 PM »
I love an excuse to sew something glitzy but I've nowhere to wear it to this year :(

I might have a look through my stash and see if I've anything suitable anyway - not that there's much time left!

Tamnymore

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 17:22:11 PM »
Samantha, I don't have anywhere to wear a glitzy outfit but I'm just going to sit here and wear mine, like Miss Havisham!

Which reminds me, I'd better get on with it!  :S

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 17:43:20 PM »
It's a design feature isn't it - sewing red buttons on with blue thread  :S  :P  :D

Acorn

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 17:59:44 PM »
Absolutely - it looks right to me.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.