The Sewing Place

Recommended online fabric shops

Tamnymore

Re: Recommended online fabric shops
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2021, 21:26:49 PM »
Yes I'd be interested to see how the customs charges work - having failed to do an order with Driessenstoffen recently.

I've recently discovered pound a metre fabrics... the fabrics aren't all £1 a metre but there are some bargains.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Tamnymore

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2021, 18:08:39 PM »
I'm going to have to unrecommend Pound a Metre fabrics. I've had several orders from them and all fine. However the order I placed on 26th March has still not arrived on 13th April. I've sent two emails and one FB message but no reply. I see a couple of Trustpilot reviews saying much the same. If I don't hear in the next couple of days I'll see about requesting a refund via paypal and I'll leave an appropriate trustpilot review.

classical retro

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2021, 20:48:43 PM »
What a shame. I hope it comes right for you Tamnymore. It’s the sorting out that’s as much a pain as not receiving the goods. Thank you for the warning.

CR :angel:

grannysyb

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
The fabric that I ordered from myfabrics arrived, they gave me 15% discount,  with shipping it worked out at £39, no duty to pay! Very good quality linen.

Silver Rose

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2021, 12:34:14 PM »
Has anyone bought from Lee Mill on line?
I have seen some paisley design ponte that I like. Thanks in advance.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2021, 08:41:53 AM »
I took  a chance and ordered the paisley ponte and am pleased with the fabric. Delivery was prompt, their website isn't particularly user friendly but they have some lovely curtain fabrics as well as dressmaking and craft fabrics. I'll be adding them to my preferred sites.
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »
@Silver Rose Well that made me look!
If I hadn't just had to spend over £400 on glasses for DH I might have had a full shopping basket.... there is always next month  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Flobear

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
I don't know how many have come across The Millshop Online.

I've been searching for curtain fabrics for most of my windows and found something I really liked in, I think, Just Fabrics. £12.95 a metre wasn't too bad a price but I kept searching other sites for other fabrics. Then the one first wanted was in The Millshop Online for £9.95 per m. Since I wanted 12m that was a decent saving. The fabric arrived quickly and was well-packaged. I have now ordered from them again. P&P is £8.95 though free over £125. Samples are free. They also do upholstery fabric.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Diane

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2021, 10:01:04 AM »
I have just managed to order two lengths of linen from myfabrics.co.uk
If you purchase through Quidco you'll get 8% in cashback, it all adds up  :D
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Greybird

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »
https://www.justfabrics.co.uk/ have a Black Friday sale on at the moment.

Acorn

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2022, 14:49:52 PM »
A new one to me - The Little Fabric Shop - I placed an order yesterday morning and it arrived today.  Good prices, too.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2023, 20:15:25 PM »
Some of you might remember The Textile Centre - an online fabric shop which had lovely fabric at good prices and excellent customer service.

They apparently stopped trading for a while but have returned here
Find them on eBay and on their own website. They mostly deal with remnants but do have a couple of Liberty fabrics at bargain prices. They list them as spun viscose but if you look at the labels one is a lantana and the other is a brushed cotton. They are only £7.99 pm inc p&p. Better still they currently have 20% off.on their website.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 20:24:31 PM by Tamnymore »

toileandtrouble

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2023, 02:52:40 AM »
oh, BAD @Tamnymore !  And so the stash grows.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Tamnymore

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2023, 09:13:18 AM »

Kad

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2024, 13:37:10 PM »
Thanks to @Morgan for reminding me of Little Legs Fabrics at Scorton. I visited yesterday afternoon as it's not to far away from home.
It's speciality is jersey fabric, various weights, plain and printed, not just child-friendly designs, AND you can get your pdf patterns printed at A0 size for £2 per sheet. I'm not sure of their postage prices/service but the ladies were friendly and helpful and there's a choice of 3 tearooms, 2 garden centres to visit within a mile or so. I did leave with a length, or 4 of jersey but plenty left for another week.

https://www.littlelegsfabrics.co.uk/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 16:43:43 PM by Kad »
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.