The Sewing Place

Hello!

Miss Blossom

Hello!
« on: November 06, 2017, 16:20:13 PM »
Waving at you all from Birmingham!
I mostly sew clothes, but have been known to stray off the path into the patchwork jungle. I have obsessive compulsive fabric acquisition disorder and I have to keep sewing or I'd have to move to a bigger house!

Kenora

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 16:54:40 PM »
Waving back at you from Cornwall. :) I think most of us have OCFAD in one form or another!
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 17:09:52 PM »
Birmingham, I was born there, although lived in Sutton (until I was 10).  Welcome to the fabric stash secret society!  Actually, I am currently down to only three lots of fabric (in the Dining Chair Stash, the rest is stacked up somewhere whilst we have building work happening!)

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 17:24:30 PM »
Hello, big wave and welcome from Yorkshire too

Sewbee

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 17:59:34 PM »
Welcome! I am in SE Scotland but am an English girl! :)

I can't wait to acquire that disorder! I am about to begin sewing again after a 10+ year break.

maliw

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 21:28:02 PM »
Hello and welcome to TSP from me too, another person with the same fabric disorder ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »
Welcome from Cornwall
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 10:25:09 AM »
Welcome from the West too.  I hope the fabric disorder isn't too contagious.  I've got a good immune system that has fought it so far.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 10:46:31 AM »
Forgot to say, the fabric disorder has evaded me too, I only buy for each specific project.... more cost effective I find  :angel:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »
Another victim here (very willing though).  All the lovely fabric... what if it's not there next time I look?   :o  Better keep it safely at home with me.   :)

Welcome!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.