The Sewing Place

Block of the Month - March - Bow Tie

rubywishes

Re: Block of the Month - March
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »
Oooooo, that's lovely Ploshkin. Very effective....

Hmmmm, 5" squares you say? ......I have about 50 of those little suckers I got from an op shop, and 2.5" squares you say.....hmmmmmmm...jelly roll you say? (I'm rummaging around in my box as we speak).....aha! fist high in the air with jelly roll leftover strip and a wad of 5" squares.  Triumph! I'll get right on it, end of the week, err maybe end of next week. ;)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

fajita

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 14:20:19 PM »
Urgh, tried this whilst I'm not well, not to be recommended. I've spent an hour on it and haven't even bothered with the border. I don't know if the instructions are confusing, or my addled brain is being unreceptive.
I do know that a quarter inch seam only reared its ugly head near the end.
I'll have to have another try near the end of the month.
 :(

Iminei

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 17:45:27 PM »
Its all there Fajita...

just a poor choice of fabrics (imo)...
Relax, get well and try again!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

fajita

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 19:28:20 PM »
I will do, I promise.

Lilian

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 20:33:29 PM »
My B.O.M. will be late this month.  I am busy cutting and making shift dresses.  I rarely wear a dress but as I am due for an operation on 26th I will only have one dress to wear.  I won't be able to wear jeans because of the waistband, I will have stitches there.  Plus I am panicking a bit because they are keeping me in!  Arghh I hate hospitals  :(.
Willing but not always able :)

JillH

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 21:04:53 PM »
Why do I keep reading this as Book of the month?  Must be going dippy or too much :toast: and not enough :cake:
Jill -  trying to grow old disgracefully.

Pearl

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 07:40:07 AM »
I hope all goes well for you, Lilian. We'll be thinking of you. :flower: :flower: :flower: :cake:

Lilian

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »
Thank you Pearl.  :D

Pearl

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 17:40:42 PM »
That's such a good reason not to have done your BOM.  I'm going with "The  :woof: ate it" or "I left it on the :bus:."

Lilian

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 20:22:51 PM »
Ha ha Pearl.  I do plan on making this month's B.O.M. if I can, But then I hope my dog doesn't eat it  :woof:

Vegegrow

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
My B.O.M. will be late this month.  I am busy cutting and making shift dresses.  I rarely wear a dress but as I am due for an operation on 26th I will only have one dress to wear.  I won't be able to wear jeans because of the waistband, I will have stitches there.  Plus I am panicking a bit because they are keeping me in!  Arghh I hate hospitals  :(.

I think Imi will let you off Lilian...  most peeps don't want to stay in hospital but its a means to an end .. can you post on here when your in there.. we'll distract you.... best wishes for a short stay :flower: :flower:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lowena

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 11:45:52 AM »
All the best for your treatment Lilian, let thoughts of your stunning BOM ( to be ) distract you  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 17:27:25 PM »
I think Imi will let you off Lilian...  most peeps don't want to stay in hospital but its a means to an end .. can you post on here when your in there.. we'll distract you.... best wishes for a short stay :flower: :flower:

I will try if they have free wi-fi and I am feeling up to it.  I will probably just sleep, I tend to do that when I'm unsettled.   |O

Lilian

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 17:30:21 PM »
All the best for your treatment Lilian, let thoughts of your stunning BOM ( to be ) distract you  :flower:

Thank you Lowena, with any luck it will be keyhole surgery and I can come home the day after in time to finish my B.O.M.  :vintage:  :flower:

Iminei

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »
C'mon Peeps...March is going to look pretty dismal in the BOMHOF with only two creations!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again