Block of the Month - March - Bow Tie

Pearl

Re: Block of the Month - March
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 20:12:30 PM »
Oooh, I like that.  8)

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 20:20:57 PM »
Wow Ploshkin that is lovely, great colours too!
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
C'mon Girls...Where are you BOM's ???

THE BOM HOF is going to look pretty measly with just one creation in it for March!
This is a really simple one, so you don't need to divert too much time from the lovely Toyshop we have given you!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Vegegrow

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 10:10:01 AM »
Ok Ok... there you go  :angel: :angel:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

maliw

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
Great vegegrow looks good. OK boss (Iminei) I had a break from the UFOs and I've just done January's so after Feb"s I will do March, I will get there, I will honest.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 10:37:30 AM »
Wonderful Vege, are you and Plosh working together...They could both reside in the same quilt...

Into The HOF you go......

:angel: :angel:

Pearl

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 10:45:19 AM »
C'mon Girls...Where are you BOM's ???

THE BOM HOF is going to look pretty measly with just one creation in it for March!
This is a really simple one, so you don't need to divert too much time from the lovely Toyshop we have given you!!!

Last month, I jumped straight in and when I saw everyone else's I liked them so much that I had to make another.  This month, I'm waiting and watching.
Also, I have 2 blocks to make for my class on 20th.  I've only looked at one of them and it has 41 pieces!!  I really should make a start on that, although the BOM would be a welcome distraction  ;).

Pearl

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 10:48:45 AM »
Nice layout, Vege, and I like the border.  (Did you make it after Imi's reminder?  In less than an hour?)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:51:38 AM by pearl »

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
Did you make it after Imi's reminder?  In less than an hour?

She could've done Pearl, it really is a quick and easy block to make
(It had to be given my time constraints last month!!! Luckily things are easing up!)

Lowena

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
Very nice blocks so far. I can't make head nor tail of the instructions / measurements / cutting guide... even after having trawled through the tutorial a squillion times..... can't remember Feb's so may start again in April, if I can precis the instructions enough for me to be away from the 'puter and still work out what to do.
I am definitely not a visual learner...pics leave me cold  :| I'll go online and see if I can get a list of written instructions after I've had a look in my books.
This is not me being negative....... some things just aren't meant to be :devil:P.S. How big are these blocks meant to be Iminei? Are they all the same size?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 13:03:20 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »
Nice layout, Vege, and I like the border.  (Did you make it after Imi's reminder?  In less than an hour?)

Did some of it yesterday pm ( was meant to be going to look at the stash for the stash sew along but got distracted) finished this morning
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Ploshkin

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 17:51:25 PM »
I do like your fabrics and your border vegegrow and  glad to have some company in the HOF.

Lowena, if you can't get your head round the cutting instructions you might find it easier to just look at the final sizes of the pieces and cut them from 2½" strips.  That's how I cut them because I happened to have some jelly roll strips hanging about.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 17:56:55 PM »
Thanks Plosh, I'll have another look :)
I'm finishing a throw at the moment, then I'll try again...... I couldn't find the block in my books so I'll write down Iminei's instructions

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 18:35:51 PM »
Low...

the March BOM starts off with 5" squared pieces of patterned fabric for the bow-tie and 2 1/2" squared pieces of fabric for the background .....

These will make a 4 1/2" sq block...(if you're very, very good!!)

I'm not, so I squared them down to 4 1/4" !!!!
but you could square them down to 4" if you want ... after all there are no points to cut off!!

You can also use a layer cake, which is a pack of 42 10" sq coordinating fabrics ...
in that case just double the measurements in the destructions! and make a much bigger quilt!

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 18:37:42 PM »
Thank you