The Sewing Place

3 Belles - Progress

b15erk

Re: 3 Belles - Progress
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 14:51:13 PM »
Unfortunately Veg, the palette is yellow, then more yellow!  I never want to see yellow poly satin, ever, ever, ever again!

And don't get me started on the poly organza - it's like knitting fog!

Purple on the other hand sounds divine - the darker and more Cadbury the better!

Not managed a stitch today - blessed VAT Return.... hmmmphh, grumble, gripe and moan...  ><

Come 4 o'clock though....  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »
Had a bit of a setback with my sewing plans, and couldn't sew at all at the weekend due to agonising back/pelvic pain.  I used hard drugs in the end (Naproxen), and by lunchtime Sunday, I was able to stand for long enough to make good progress.

These dresses look a bit removed from Marina Brumpton's pattern, but I'm pleased with the way they are turning out.  I sewed my first sequins on, and I'm thinking about finishing touches, so it's looking good. 

The drugs took their toll though, and I had quite a bit of unpicking to do.  I managed to twist the sleeve when I put it in, then the closure placket developed a life of its own.  I made the placket quite wide so that I can use two rows of Kam snaps (DGD hasn't been very forthcoming with measurements) in case I need the adjustment.

I'm sure the dresses will make for a nice Christmas photo, but I will not be sad to see the back of this horrible fabric though!  :S

I was worrying a bit about Theo's costume, as I don't think I'll have much time to make him an outfit, but look at what I've ordered for him!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Greybird

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 09:43:05 AM »
Sorry you haven't been feeling good Jessie - hope that will sort itself out soon. Looking forward to seeing the finished dresses - love Theo's outfit!

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 09:01:58 AM »
Feeling much better this week, although the Naproxen played havoc with my insides...

Very near the end with these dresses now.  Sequins are all sewn on.  This was the most time-consuming thing, and made even slower as my eyes don't like electric light.  I dug out my old Ottlite, and tilted to a very precarious angle, it worked a treat.  Work went a bit quicker then.  Still a bit of hand sewing and finishing off to do, but this shouldn't take very long.

I bought some lovely fabric for the dress covers - looks like Christmas wrapping.  I drew a pattern this morning, so I'll do a 'toile' in work this morning.  I've worked my socks off lately so I've earned a bit of leeway!  ;)

Pictures in a few days!

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Ta Dahhh!

Very nearly finished my last Belle frock.  This one is Lilya's, it still needs Kam snaps and a finishing run with the OL on a short seam.  Then time for a good press, and it's ready for Sunday!

I've made a start on the dress covers, one nearly finished, one cut out, and one to be done.  They are very quick though, a couple of hours will have them done.

So, here is Lilya's Belle Frock, not at its best with no petticoat and unpressed, but it's done!

Jessie

Sandra

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »
That's so pretty.

Lovely work Jessie. Well done.

Sandra.
xxx

fajita

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 16:31:16 PM »
Hooray. Looks gorgeous.
Have a gin when you're done.  :toast:

Elnnina

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »
Oh Jessie these dresses are so sweet, the girls will love wearing them.  Well done for persevering with such slippery fabric. Even the petticoats are adorable.

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 11:13:38 AM »
Gorgeous!  And the gold beads look fantastic - I'm sure they look better than yellow would have done.

Lucky, lucky girls!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »
Gorgeous  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

b15erk

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
Thank you girls, you are all very kind.  I wasn't able to sew last night as my back is playing up, so I'm on the Naproxen again for a few days.  :(  I need to be on form at the weekend as Sunday is our Christmas celebration, and I'll be cooking from 6am.  -<

I'm knocking off work early to get the last sewing bits done - thank goodness there are no more sequins so sew on!  They were needed though, as the organza pleats were not going to lie flat otherwise!

Jessie

maliw

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:27 PM »
They are beeeeutiful Jessie, I'm certain the girls will love them. WELL DONE.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula