The Sewing Place

Boysen Berry Cowl

b15erk

Boysen Berry Cowl
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
I started this at the weekend when my sweater fell out of favour, and I was waiting for short circulars... (I'm still not getting on with the magic loop).

I'd already found this pattern on t'internet, and decided that it was a quick project and I needed to knit it! :)

https://www.amazon.com.au/Boysen-Berry-Neckwarmer-Knitting-Pattern-ebook/dp/B005WD6A3Q

I chose to use some silk mix yarn I got from a charity shop, and smaller gauge needles - 10's I think.  I really like it.

No problems at all, just a nice gentle knit.  I actually bought this pattern  :o - I know, I usually choose free ones! It's $5.40 but I think I'll be knitting a few.  I'll also be looking at some of Grace Mcewen's other patterns.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Kenora

Re: Boysen Berry Cowl
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 17:38:56 PM »
Very pretty - lovely colour too. <3

I learnt the magic loop recently but wouldn't use it from choice - it's a bit long-winded. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 13:25:39 PM »
Nearly finished this, but waiting for a reply from the Pattern designer.  The recommended length is 42.5 inches, and it seems a tad long  :o

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
Had a reply off the designer, and fingers crossed I'll have this finished today.  Not as helpful as I would have liked, but I will work to my own length.

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 12:44:21 PM »
Well, this got put down for a while, and I've just come across it again.  Unfortunately, it had become seperated from its pattern, so I had to come back to the thread to find what the pattern was called... :embarrassed:

Found it now, although not on the PC - I have no idea why, but eventually found the pattern.  ><  Now I just need to figure out where I'm up to, and finish the thing off...

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2022, 11:08:14 AM »
Well, that was a marathon!  I can safely say that this scarf has been very well marinated!  I finished the last few rows on Saturday night, and sewed it together.

On the whole I'm very pleased with it, although it doesn't match so well with the coat I thought I might wear it with. 

I used the wrong yarn, mine was a silk/cotton I had in the stash, and smaller needles, so I needed to make more patterns.  The pattern is easy, but does take a little concentration, but my main gripe is using straight needles.  I'm afraid I don't get on with them any more, and the next one I make will be with circulars.

The colour is showing up mire grey than it really is, there's a lot more blue in it, which is why I thought it would match the coat rather better.

Off to finish my first Balaclava now!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie

realale

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 11:10:34 AM »
That's pretty @b15erk and suits the collar very well.  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.

Missie

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 11:16:12 AM »
Well that is rather lovely!

Ouryve

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 11:35:18 AM »
That is very pretty. My only issue with it is that you can't tighten it when te air is extra chilly
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 11:39:42 AM »
It is very pretty @b15erk  .  I am in awe of those who can knit! 

Ellabella

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 12:06:26 PM »
Very nice @b15erk quite unusual.

I’m looking for a small compact knit for my upcoming jolly now I’ve discovered you can take knitting needles on planes :thumb:

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 13:14:06 PM »
Thank you everyone, it is a pretty pattern, but I'm just not sure of the colour....

I can definitely recommend this as a small project - even though it's been on the needles from 2017!.  It's time has come however, and it will get an airing!

Jessie

Lachica

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 13:54:49 PM »
Very pretty, it looks very intricate. Beautifully made too.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2022, 13:59:19 PM »
Lovely - I've just looked at the pattern and I much prefer your version. 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Pearl

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 20:29:50 PM »
Oh so pretty  :thumb: