The Sewing Place

Enlarge pattern

Syrinx

Enlarge pattern
« on: November 15, 2017, 17:27:00 PM »
Not sure where to put this!

I created a pattern a few years ago,dug it out and discovered I'd stored the wrong version. Never mind redid the pattern (not that different) but I've always wanted to make it larger.

So. It's a pattern for a dragon paper/pattern weight/pin cushion/cute thing to put on display etc. But I want to make a doorstop version. I've no idea how to enlarge it. It's on scraps of paper (needs to be made more robust though!) and I don't really know where to start as I freehanded and trial and errored it.

Clever ideas and helpful thoughts required!

And cute pictures.

Mocarroll

Re: Enlarge pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 17:52:19 PM »
Have you got access to a photocopier, either at home or in your local library? Once you have photocopied the original paper pieces you can then enlarge them.
Looks great though, my grandson would love it!

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 20:17:44 PM »
If it hasn't got many pattern pieces I would just draw it onto squared paper and copy across to larger squares (there's a name for it that I can't remember).
Life's too short for ironing.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 20:32:39 PM »
Photocopying or drawing out onto bigger squares are the two methods although it looks as though the pieces are already bigger than A4 so probably home copying using your printer is ruled out. 
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.