The Sewing Place

To-do list.

b15erk

To-do list.
« on: March 08, 2017, 09:15:28 AM »
VAT Return done, and paid, so the heat is off for a little while, and I can concentrate on the important things.  So, here's the list:

Finish 2 toiles for the Sew Along, and choose fabric.  I've made progress with the stretch one, and the fit is now good, and techniques worked out.  Woven is cut out and darts done, that's it.

Some mending for Lilya, torn dress (done), sew bobble on her favourite scarf, elastic on ballet shoes.

Knitting, one onesie done (thanks Cat), apart from embellishment, one on the needles, the other in planning.

Peter Rabbits need to be finished for Easter.  So far, one has been dismantled due to the head being on the wrong way, halfway through knitting the second, third not even started....

Crochet.  New GChild will need a Nana-made blanket, so this needs to be addressed.

Whew, better get cracking!!  :)

Jessie

Eta: Need to start a Crochet thread......

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

Re: To-do list.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 15:23:47 PM »
VAT Return done,
That's where your mojo went!

Although I've never had to do one I believe it's on a par with Self Assessment :'(
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 15:31:47 PM »
Far worse than SA Brenda, the accountant does that. The VAT has to be done every 3 months, and if you are a day late there are immediate penalties!

But, I'm not even thinking about the next one for several weeks.   :)

My mojo is a bit wobbly, because I'm jumping from one thing to the other, but hey, that's how I work!

Sewing is on the cards for tonight!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 21:02:12 PM »
I did one of those online Tax self assessments this year for the first time. I found it so stressful I could actually feel my BP rising! Hope your VAT returns don't have the same effect, Jessie. :)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde