The Sewing Place

New (to me) Juki TL-98P!!

KayK

New (to me) Juki TL-98P!!
« on: November 16, 2017, 20:40:41 PM »
Whoopee!  I am now the proud owner of a Juki TL-98P!  I have been looking for one of these second hand for ages, and only saw one, ludicrously priced!  This one I purchased from good old 'Sewing machine Steve'  from King's Lynn.  Its everything I hoped it would be and more.  I had a good try of a (newer) version at the Quilting Show at Duxford and decided that it was the type for me.........I love the quality of it, its seriously heavy feet and ability to sew at lightning speed!

I loved the attachments that came with my seriously old Singer, hated the ones that came with the Pfaff, but these are in a class of their own...

One happy bunny tonight!!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Vegegrow

Re: New (to me) Juki TL-98P!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 20:44:05 PM »
Steve is great isn't he ...Have a great time with you new machine  :loveit:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Gernella

Re: New (to me) Juki TL-98P!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »
Being a bit nosy I went looking and found a video showing insertion of an invisible zip, the foot used was so different and made it look so easy.  These Juki's are getting quite a reputation for perfection.  Enjoy, I bet the stitch is perfect.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included