The Sewing Place

Anyone Crochet?

Pearl

Re: Anyone Crochet?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 22:14:46 PM »
Lovely, Frances.  I'd love to make a ripple blanket, if only I could crochet.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 22:16:49 PM by pearl »

sewmuchmore

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 18:11:54 PM »
I do in the summer when i didn't have access to a sewing machine. I started this last summer
http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pdfs.s3.amazonaws.com/Bernat_KW530153_08_cr_cardigan.en_US.pdf
but i still have 1 1/2 sleeves to do.
My trouble is i like to get things started and finished quickly as my attention span is nearly nero.
This year i have decided to go with a patchwork blanket from the Woman's Weekly site. They are all different patterned squares so i will just keep going with the squares and then see what happens.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

fajita

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 18:54:19 PM »
I had a go last week at making an octopus. I didn't enjoy it, and will not be making another. I'm not a natural crocheter. 

https://flic.kr/p/TNQzvD

Snowbird

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 20:36:26 PM »
I taught myself to crochet a few years ago following Attic24 tutorials ...even made some bunting triangles for the first ever  Yarndale   I have made a few blankets now and cushion covers  :wool:

charlotte

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 14:52:01 PM »
I like crocheting but I don't do it very often, as I find it does not lend itself well to garments, which is what I prefer to create. I did recently crochet my Mum a mounted wild boar head, (complete with real tusks!) which was quite fun.

fajita

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 01:26:41 AM »
Pic?

Lilian

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 13:28:24 PM »
I can crochet but not made anything for a while.  I have never made anything difficult.  I made this little teddy bear for a charity, spurred on by the craft group I am in.  We all made teddy bears to send off to hospitals for children.  They were all knitted but I converted it to crochet.  :wool:

Willing but not always able :)

Fiona M

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 20:12:37 PM »
I started doing a bit of easy crochet (granny squares) last year. - my Gran taught me the basics as a child  My puppy means I have to spend a lot of the day downstairs now, (no sewing!) and I needed something I could pick up and put down easily, so I crochet seemed ideal.  I started searching online for inspiration.  I found a lovely blog, the person who writes it has a wonderful way with colour. 
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/inside-crochet-draught-excluder/
(In particular, her Sophie's Universe blanket is just beautiful, how I would love to make something like that!).

b15erk

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
Finished my Corner to Corner baby blanket!  Just in time too, baby is due anytime.  Not as nice as I first thought, but it will be useful I'm sure.

Pic below, and gallery.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »
That is a beautiful blanket! Lucky baby and new mum.  It's so even and the edging is perfect, it's a great finish.  Where do you get your labels?  Or do you make them yourself?

b15erk

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 10:08:00 AM »
Thank you SS!  Lables are home made using transfer paper, Word, and grosgrain ribbon.  Very easy and lots of tutorials on Youtube.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

talamasca

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
I started searching online for inspiration.  I found a lovely blog, the person who writes it has a wonderful way with colour. 
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/inside-crochet-draught-excluder/
(In particular, her Sophie's Universe blanket is just beautiful, how I would love to make something like that!).

You should give it a go....it's a fab project.  I only started crocheting last Oct but I've started my Sophie and I'm loving it.....only trouble with Dedri's site is you'll want to make them all....I've started Charlotte's Dream too and I've another blanket on the go as well  :D

Tawny75

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2017, 15:35:35 PM »
[quote author=hernibs link=topic=274.msg2336#msg2336 date=1488999913

I have said it before and will say it again....for those of you who are still at the learning stage - google Lucy at Attic 24 and you'll get all the tuition you need...very specific photos too

Crochet is on the list to do sometime Hernibs so thankyou for the tip  http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/
  have bookmarked
Can I echo this too.  My daughter is off to Uni in September and wanted me to crochet a blanket for her to wrap up in when she is studying.  I had never done anything in crochet apart from straight doubles or a granny squares.  By following Lucy's very very specific and easy to read instructions I have made her a ripple blanket.  I used all sorts of colours and dd has christened it her Joseph blanket.