The Sewing Place

Doorstop

Bowerbird

Re: Doorstop
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 21:02:21 PM »
I would wonder what might happen to cat litter if it got damp, and some types do give off dust.

First one done with  :meow:litter, I did poke a plastic bag in to line the doorstop and just trickled the litter in. I did it to stop the dust, hadn't thought of the damp, but there you go. I don't suppose it would be any more affected by damp than rice etc, and won't be susceptible to weevils and other bugs either.

This being the prototype, and me being myself,  I thought of a few improvements overnight. I used a freezer bag, but think I'll double line the next one, to be sure to be sure.

If it's not successful then it's no great loss, an afternoon's hiding in the sewing room, the ends of a curtain I shortened and a bag of Aldi's cheapest  :meow:litter.

Syrinx

Re: Doorstop
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 16:05:03 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. It might end up with a liner and filling and maybe stuffing in the head.

I've done a freehand pattern out of calico and something is off but I can't work out what. Might be the head being on too low, or not enough tail, or it might be fine but not got wings on yet. Or it might just be because it's not filled. Arghhhh!