The Sewing Place

Found you all, at last...

Bloobell

Found you all, at last...
« on: March 08, 2017, 18:36:04 PM »
I was really sad to lose the old sewing forum, but am very pleased and excited about this new start. I was Bluebell on the old forum I think - I use both spellings and decided to use my less formal name on here.

It's been a tough year for me so far, as I lost one of my cats on 13 January and my Mum died on 25th February (her funeral is Friday coming) after five weeks in hospital, so this lovely new forum is just the ticket to a fresh start for my life, now I'm no longer a carer.

Hello to everyone, old and new

Lois
x

Iminei

Re: Found you all, at last...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 18:46:15 PM »
Welcome Bloobell...

So sorry to hear about both your puss and your mum, both devastating!
but as we all know sewing and friends are marvellous medicine... so I hope The Sewing Forum and its fabulous members can help you get back to 100 percent Bloobell!

Enjoy !
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bloobell

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 18:48:45 PM »
Thanks Iminei

At the moment I'm spectacularly uninspired and demotivated but I know that will pass and soon, I shall look at my fabrics and threads and, most importantly, bank balance (I'm a self employed dressmaker) and the passion will return.

x

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 18:54:43 PM »
Hello Bloobell, that really was a tough way to start this new year so I'm glad that you've found your way here. It could be a bit of a busman's holiday being in a sewing forum but sewing is such a small word yet encompasses so many different disciplines there's always something new to learn and it'll be a good diversion for you having people here you can help with your experience too.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 19:53:43 PM »
Hi Bluebell / Bloobell so pleased you have found your way here...such a tough time for you and I know so many of us will have been through it.. are expecting it ....and will have it thrust upon us..I hope you find our new forum and new and old friends helpful...  why don't you make something for yourself before you return to your work
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »
Hello Bloobell and welcome.  I am saddened to hear about your trials and tribulations  :'( but time really is 'a great healer'.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:05:47 PM »
Welcome from me too. It's good to chat in times of stress, and we're certainly good at chatting  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 22:33:50 PM »
Hi Bloobell and welcome. Sad to hear of your losses, but the mojo will come back and we look forward to sharing a chat with you. :drink:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !