The Sewing Place

Spring Green Polka dot

sewmuchmore

Re: Spring Green Polka dot
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
Have you got sorted yet? I have just come across this http://www.temptationsbentham.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_151_154&product_id=1167 It is described as lime but thought you might take a look. You could always ask them for the size/spacing of the dots.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »
No I havent found anything yet!  :(

I'll give that a look though it looks to be too closely spaced at first sight! Thank you for thinking of me tho' :)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
I've just been browsing online for this spotty fabric to see if I can find anything....(I like a challenge  ><)

It's difficult to find any of this Dot. Dot. Dash!  (It doesn't seem to exist any more)....but....and I'm really sorry to question you. I know you know your stuff,  <3  but, are you absolutely, completely sure it's this 22263, colour 15?
The only ones which I'm able to find are the ones with the larger spot, as you've recently received.

I've googled '22263 15', 'Moda' etc... and it's the larger spot, and I've googled for images of the Moda range of the Dot. Dot. Dash fabrics, and again, it only seems to show it's a larger spot.

Has there been two versions of this? Something doesn't seem quite right and maybe that's why it's so difficult to find.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 16:04:50 PM »
No what I received was correct and was the larger spot .. your sleuthing is spot on (pardon the pun)

It was the correct green though, everything about it, apart from size of spot was right!

I sent a piece of the fabric I need (a very small piece) they should be getting it sometime soon!

Thx hon
x

Sandra

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2018, 18:21:57 PM »
Oh, I hope they can help and you can finally get the fabric you need.

It ought to have been fairly easy to locate with all the details of the manufacturer/colour code etc.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 17:31:57 PM »
WHO would believe it ??????

I went on a jolly to Midsommer quilting today, there was a plea from a lady in Dorchester (via FB, she didnt just shout really loudly) who was desperate to go, so I thought Why Not?.

She got to mine via the bus and I picked her up and whisked her off to the glory that is MQ in the willywags near Bath. a minute after walking through the door to this wonderland I was holding a bolt of this in my hands ....

The fabric I'm trying to match is the diagonal strip laid across the yeardage)

Now I know the dot is much smaller but the colour is spot on, so I bought 1/2 a metre ...

I'll have to finish the blooming thing now!   :S

Acorn

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 17:39:37 PM »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Kenora

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 22:17:13 PM »
It was obviously meant to be - as a thank you for doing a kind deed.  <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:27 AM »
Oh no, Ladies ... you will never believe it but as I wended my way through the glory that is MQ I came across this ...

and this lovely lady insisted on buying it for me as a thank you for taking her to MQ !!!!! :o !!!!

I did refuse once but she insisted and well, it is rather beautiful, so much classier than the JT CutnPress !

I shall have to go to some classes now!

maliw

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 10:02:35 AM »
Oh lucky you, that's what you get for being so nice ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Elnnina

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 10:41:54 AM »
Well done on finding your fabric and also for helping out another lady  and how kind she was in surprising you - well deserved as you are such a generous person in all that you do for people and for TSP.