The Sewing Place

Tracing Paper

UttaRetch

Re: Tracing Paper
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 18:59:00 PM »
... after some intensive search on Amazon and Ebay, I ended up ordering the medical exam table paper from American Amazon. This one.
You will discover more things that we don't have in the UK.  I envy US citizens for the wealth of sewing related products available to them.  Hope you are not planning on making a winter coat because you won't be able to find Kasha lining or even satin backed flannel.

Surest1tch

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 22:34:18 PM »
If I've run out of my stock and have needed to trace something I have used greasproof paper before today. ☺️

Sewbee

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 08:49:02 AM »
If I've run out of my stock and have needed to trace something I have used greasproof paper before today. ☺️

Good idea! And it's strong.

maliw

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:51 AM »
I use a tracing wheel and cheapo lining paper from B&Q/Homebase - the cheapest I can find. The only downside is that it does leave small holes in the pattern oh and big square washers to hold the pattern down. Thinking about it B&Q is very useful for 'sewing related items as I use S hooks to hang patchwork rulers and have bought small containers for buttons, safety pins etc and nail/screw boxes hold machine needles - sorry to go a bit off topic.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

sewingj

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
Talking about putting Burda paper onto a roll - why is it that since I threw away 2 carboard tubes that came with some fabric I bought I have discovered numerous uses for them?

Lyn-J

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
Mainly Burda tracing paper, but I also have Dot & Cross Paper.
I saved some large sheets of paper that some furniture was packed in.  :D There were several sheets about 1m x 2m, quite useful.

UttaRetch

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 16:50:04 PM »
As part of the clear out, I have just dragged the large roll of too thick tracing paper :angry: from underneath the sideboard.  I'll be donating this later in the week.

Roger

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 23:32:49 PM »
I use greaseproof paper or sometimes brown paper

The medical paper sounds good, but I always have greaseproof lurking around and have tons of it, only downside is that because of the waxed quality of it it’s hard to stick together
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Madame Cholet

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 19:59:14 PM »
... So after some intensive search on Amazon and Ebay, I ended up ordering the medical exam table paper from American Amazon. This one.

I had just about run out of pattern paper and as this was such a good price I ordered some on Monday, and it was delivered on Wednesday, so it only took 2 days to travel all the way from the US to Blighty, which was mightily impressive.

I would definitely order it again, but looking at the amount on the roll I think I have enough to keep me going for a good while yet.

@Hachi - thanks so much for posting the link to the product  :loveit:

UttaRetch

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 08:05:15 AM »
I donated the MASSIVE roll of too thick tracing paper to charity and will keep this thread in mind for when I return to sewing.

Hachi

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
I would definitely order it again, but looking at the amount on the roll I think I have enough to keep me going for a good while yet.

Glad to hear you liked it!
Looking at my order history, my last roll lasted 2 years  :D

Sewbee

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 17:31:00 PM »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vinsani-Hygiene-Medical-Beauty-Massage/dp/B071H9M2ZW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1515605346&sr=8-1&keywords=Medical+pattern++paper

I wonder if this is the same sort of paper - from Amazon UK

ETA: wait a minute, it's perforated but I don't know where the perforations are. Probably not so good.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 17:32:43 PM by Sewbee »

Madame Cholet

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 17:34:43 PM »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vinsani-Hygiene-Medical-Beauty-Massage/dp/B071H9M2ZW/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1515605346&sr=8-1&keywords=Medical+pattern++paper

I wonder if this is the same sort of paper - from Amazon UK

ETA: wait a minute, it's perforated but I don't know where the perforations are. Probably not so good.

That stuff is absorbent and has perforations, so no I don't think so.

Edit - I read your edit after I wrote my post  :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 17:36:43 PM by Madame Cholet »

Sewbee

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 17:38:36 PM »
I wonder if using a UK debit/credit card on USA site will be okay. Hmm ...

So Chic

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 16:00:22 PM »
Sewbee,

I have used my credit card to buy stuff from the USA so there shouldn't be a problem.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up