The Sewing Place

Immanuels Burnley

amymac

Immanuels Burnley
« on: March 08, 2017, 20:08:51 PM »
Visited on Monday on my way back from seeing my grandkids.  Only 40 miles of a detour off the M6 on a journey of nearly 400 miles so entirely worth it   :)  Apologies for the lack of symbols making for a clunky post, some of my keyboard did not survive me pouring a cup of tea over it, hoping it will recover at some point.  I'm also going to try to put some pics in too, bear with me....

So the haul included a good red spot vinyl at 3 pounds a metre, nice quality lining from the pound a metre room and a couple of pieces of jazzy Prestigious fabric at 4 pounds a metre.  Then I found a green wool check that I instantly loved, there was 9 metres left on the roll so now it's mine.  That was 8 a metre.

That should make lovely Roman blinds in the sitting room.  I made a blind for my grandson's room while I was visiting and was really pleased with it.  That was also fabric from Immanuels, a linen type texture called Noah Stripe, a mere 4 pounds a metre again and it made up beautifully.

Efemera

Re: Immanuels Burnley
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 20:44:20 PM »
Love that place.... Hopefully I'll be going in a few weeks.. I need some curtain fabric... I'm sure some other bits will be coming home with me too.

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 21:07:45 PM »
I do so wish Burnley was closer... mind you I probably wouldn't be able to shut my sewing room door!!!!!
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 21:08:28 PM »
Well done, Amymac, you win the TSP prize (did I mention it was a virtual prize?? :devil:) for first TSPer recorded visit to Immanuels and for nobly making a 40 mile detour for the sake of the fabric arts. Wonderful, place isn't it?
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 21:17:51 PM »
Well-done Amymac  ( good to see you by the way)  I've been there 3 times now .. 2 holidays in the North west and a detour on the way home from Yorkshire... its a long way from Suffolk
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Fiona M

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 17:00:38 PM »
I attended the Church for the first time in a long while today.
15 metres of cotton print fabric (Prestigious and Rose & Hubble) came home with me, all at £5 pm.  I went with two friends, we all agreed there was little to appeal in the £1 and £2 pm sections, but the bulk of it seemed to be £5 pm.  The most expensive is still £8 pm.  Still worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.
Postcode BB10 1RR for your sat nav.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 22:21:22 PM »
I do so wish Burnley was closer... mind you I probably wouldn't be able to shut my sewing room door!!!!!

I think exactly the same except I fool myself that I wouldn't do all that panic buying of extra yardage on the grounds that it'll be long gone before I get back. I had some lace and cotton lycra that I'm still kicking myself about a few years later for not getting triple the quantity (or more)! The worst thing though is imagining all the stuff you've missed inbetween times.  :S Well that and the sacks of dance stuff I've bought lots of thinking there would be a stampede for it and then they wanted a different colour.  :[

Our friends back home in Lancashire have been nagging us about up there again soon so my stash is going to have to breathe in to welcome new friends. It'll also mean a trip up to the Craven Heifer for an overnight stay and their fabulous breakfast  - the deal that gets my husband to go willingly.  ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.