The Sewing Place

Oh No!! Bad Lowena !!

Lowena

Oh No!! Bad Lowena !!
« on: December 02, 2017, 18:40:01 PM »
I have been saving £50 a month from my pension, towards my trip supposed trip to the FOQ next year  :angel:
I have just blown most of it on a couple of Xmas pressies for OH and some fabric ( Doughty's and EBay ) for a new, double sided quilt I am going to make for no1 son. :devil:
I have been helping him out financially  each month from said pension, on the qt  ;) and nowI think a quilt will help him through the cold weather as his heating is minimal  :(  :angel:
I've been feeling a bit "lost mojoish" and haven't felt on top of things today, so, I thought an hours shopping was in order..... and before I knew it  :o
I still have a couple of personal Xmas gifts to buy not from our joint income, and my pot is dwindling fast  -<
We go to Malaysia in February so I'll need clothes in the New Year ... hmmmm
I don't regret the spending ( you have to do what you can for your kids whatever their age ) but don't know where the £400 needed for the FOQ will come from....... and I'm far too old and tired to go on the game  :D :D
Hey ho..... could be dead tomorrow anything else is a bonus  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Maximum

Re: Oh No!! Bad Lowena !!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 19:21:12 PM »
Keeping No 1 son warm and wrapped up in the winter is a lovely idea and I'm sure he will love it and think of you every time he sees it. FOQ can wait?

maliw

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »
FOQ is 4 days Lowena, wrapping your son is year round and will keep him warm not just with quilt but love too. How soppy am I but seriously if you are mean't to go to FOQ you will even if it isn't next year.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

supergran

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 20:50:33 PM »
Nope, not Bad Lowena at all, I'd do the same for mine. Cal me a tightwad, but the thought of spending that much to go to a quilt show would kill me. I know it's a wonderful show, and if I lived a bus ride away I'd be there like a shot, but to have to spend that much (even more from here, a definite no no) just wouldn't do it for me. Just think of the fabric and all the bits and pieces you could buy for that!
Ok, I'm ducking behind the sofa now.  :|

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 22:25:50 PM »
Just think of the fabric and all the bits and pieces you could buy for that!
Ok, I'm ducking behind the sofa now.  :|
But the fabric and the bits and pieces you buy at the show are the reason you need to save up that much money.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

supergran

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 21:31:14 PM »
Quite right SewingSue and I'm sure there are wonderful bargains to be had, but just think of how much more you could buy without the cost of plane fare(in my case), train fare and hotel rooms!. Acquisitive, me? never.  :D

Sewingsue

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 22:25:09 PM »
Well I suppose it depends on whether you have the same access to these things locally.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

rubywishes

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:46 AM »
Oh Lowie, you do have a wonderful, big, mooshie heart. You put me to shame. :flower:
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!