The Sewing Place

A place to store posts?

Greybird

A place to store posts?
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
Is there anywhere in TSP where we can store interesting posts? There is a really interesting post by Morgan on Warpbywarpweft's thread about the cut of patterns. I would love to be able to store it somewhere, partly to come back and read it again in more depth when I have time, but also to be able to find it for future reference.

I suppose what I'm asking for is a sort of reference library of the really interesting and knowledgeable posts that crop up with regularity. 

Sewingsue

Re: A place to store posts?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
I try not to remember the posts I filed away in the old place (I think quite a few of them were from Morgan)
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »
Hi there, sorry I'm grooming through this forum and checking everything and it seems I missed this post.

I would suggest that for interesting topics, the writer of the interesting content be nudged to write it up as a full post (or suite of posts) for the Tutorials subforum. I understand sometimes the knowledge comes from many pages of discussion, but perhaps in these instances it could be distilled and further edited to make it a standalone tutorial/tip list featuring everybodies suggestions.

I'd love to see members who have found value in content asking other members to considering writing up their knowledge as a tutorial, and I'm sure many members would be flattered to be asked.

Morgan

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:55:20 AM »
Some thoughts -
BookMark the Thread/post and collect them in a folder in your Bookmarks feature

or

At the top of a thread click on the 'Send' tab and send the thread to your email. 
Once in your email you can trim off the bits you don't need and then just save it in whichever form makes most sense for you.

or

if it's just one post, use the Snipping or screen shot feature and save it as a jpg. to a folder that makes sense to you.